This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

VS2010 Productivity Power tools and Telerik

6 Answers 65 Views
Installer and Visual Studio Extensions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Paul
Top achievements
Rank 1
Paul asked on 05 Feb 2014, 12:43 PM
I did a search, but was not able to find any threads about this problem, so.

Using the latest Telerik VS Extensions, running VS 2010 version 10.0.40219.1 SP1 Rel. on Win 7 64 bit.  When I install the Microsoft Productivity Power tools ( version 10.0.20626.18, http://visualstudiogallery.msdn.microsoft.com/d0d33361-18e2-46c0-8ff2-4adea1e34fef/  ) If I try to add references to a C# WPF Project, Visual Studio will abruptly go away.  I am assuming an exception somewhere.  If I uninstall the Telerik VS extensions, everything works great.  If I uninstall the Power Tools but leave the Telerik VS Extensions, everything works great.

So I am assuming that there is a conflict between the Productivity Power Tools and the Telerik VS Extensions in VS 2010.  I really would love to have both of the tools installed. 

Any hints or suggestions?
Thanks
Paul

6 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Petar
Telerik team
answered on 05 Feb 2014, 02:34 PM
Hi Paul,

Thank you for contacting us!

I tried to reproduce the issue that you have described but I wasn't able. Can you provide exact steps for reproducing the problem? A screenshot or a short video would be helpful as well.

I look forward to your reply.

Regards,
Petar
Telerik
TRY TELERIK'S NEWEST PRODUCT - EQATEC APPLICATION ANALYTICS for WPF.
Learn what features your users use (or don't use) in your application. Know your audience. Target it better. Develop wisely.
Paul
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 05 Feb 2014, 02:47 PM
Because the problem is a conflict between VS Extensions, creating a project wont be possible.

The steps for me to reproduce are:  
1. Using VS2010, add the Telerik VS Extensions and the Productivity Power Tools I referenced in the previous msg.
2. Create a WPF Application Project.  Either a Vanilla WPF app or a Telerik WPF app.
3. In the Solution Explorer for the project, Right mouse button on the "References" Folder.
4. Select Add Reference.
5. At this point the Power Tools Add Reference dialog comes up, thinks a bit, and then VS goes away / Crashes.

If either the Telerik VS Extension or the Power Tools extension is not present in VS, step 5 works.

Let me know if you can repro from this.
Thanks
Paul
Accepted
Petar
Telerik team
answered on 05 Feb 2014, 05:21 PM
Hi Paul,

I have just tried using the same steps on the same machine configuration as you have described but didn't experience any issues. Could you try on another machine?

Regards,
Petar
Telerik
TRY TELERIK'S NEWEST PRODUCT - EQATEC APPLICATION ANALYTICS for WPF.
Learn what features your users use (or don't use) in your application. Know your audience. Target it better. Develop wisely.
Paul
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 05 Feb 2014, 05:41 PM
Thanks for giving it a shot.  I will try to find another machine and see if I can repro it.  Obviously it is something non obvious on my machine that is causing it.

Paul
Paul
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 18 Feb 2014, 12:52 PM
I was able to try it on a machine outside of our corporate environment and everything works.  It has to be something in our setup that is causing the issue.  Our machines are quite locked down, so it would not surprise me that something our security teams are doing are getting in the way. 

Thanks
Paul
Petar
Telerik team
answered on 20 Feb 2014, 09:25 AM
Hello Paul,

Thank you for the update. Should any future inquires arise don't hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,
Petar
Telerik
Tags
Installer and Visual Studio Extensions
Asked by
Paul
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Petar
Telerik team