This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

VS2010 Problem Loading ...

2 Answers 76 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Declan
Top achievements
Rank 2
Declan asked on 10 Feb 2011, 06:26 PM
Using latest WP7 controls downloaded after webinar today (10 Feb 2011)

Is this expected behaviour:

When I open MainPage.xaml in VS2010 I get:

"The document containe errors that must be fixed before the designer can be loaded ..."

Trying to open MainContent.xaml gives:
System.InvalidOperationException
An unhandled exception was encountered while trying to render the current silverlight project on the design surface. To diagnose this failure, please try to run the project in a regular browser using the silverlight developer runtime.
   at Microsoft.Windows.Design.Platform.SilverlightViewProducer.OnUnhandledException(Object sender, ViewUnhandledExceptionEventArgs e)
   at Microsoft.Expression.Platform.Silverlight.SilverlightPlatformSpecificView.OnUnhandledException(Object sender, ViewUnhandledExceptionEventArgs args)
   at Microsoft.Expression.Platform.Silverlight.Host.SilverlightImageHost.<>c__DisplayClass1.<Application_UnhandledException>b__0(Object o)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

System.NullReferenceException
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Telerik.QSF.WP.WhatsNewControl.WhatsNewControl_Loaded(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e) in C:\Program Files (x86)\Telerik\RadControls for Windows Phone 7 Q1 2011\Examples\QSF.WindowsPhone\Controls\WhatsNewControl.xaml.cs:line 20
   at MS.Internal.CoreInvokeHandler.InvokeEventHandler(Int32 typeIndex, Delegate handlerDelegate, Object sender, Object args)
   at MS.Internal.JoltHelper.FireEvent(IntPtr unmanagedObj, IntPtr unmanagedObjArgs, Int32 argsTypeIndex, Int32 actualArgsTypeIndex, String eventName)

Similar errors for other pages. However app deploys to emulator successfully.

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Victor
Telerik team
answered on 18 Feb 2011, 01:20 PM
Hi Declan ,

Thank you for writing and for your feedback.
This is not desired behavior but I am afraid that I could not reproduce the issue you described during design-time. I tried loading MainPage.xaml that is part of the Examples project and the What's New control that is part of the QSF project. It is probably fixed in the latest build. Please indicate which other pages cause the designer to fail to load so that I can inspect them and make sure that everything works.

I am looking forward to your reply.

Kind regards,
Victor
the Telerik team
Let us know about your Windows Phone 7 application built with RadControls and we will help you promote it. Learn more>>
Nikolai
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 02 Nov 2012, 01:07 AM
Try to start VS as admin
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Declan
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by