This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

VS2010 New ED (rLink) - Object Not Found

1 Answer 52 Views
Getting Started
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Steven
Top achievements
Rank 1
Steven asked on 01 May 2010, 05:32 PM
Hi all,

just in case you've had the problems i've just had of Visual Studio 2010 not liking the addition of a new Entity Model - It gives you the dreaded object not set to an instance of an object error when you try and edit the rlink... if i wasnt so poor i'd have thrown my monitor out of the window of my 3rd floor flat... Anyway 2 hours later i managed to get the following to word...

Step 1:

Create rlink in VS2010, just the connection details are important for now, not so much the model

Step 2:

In VS2008SP1 Create your model as you want it

Step 3:

After shutting down both versions of Visual Studio use the Trusty Notepad++ Copy the model details from the VS2008 model to the VS2010 model.

Step 4:

Re-open your VS2010 project and voila, i can now see my Entity Diagram and actually do something with it

Hope this helps anyone having the same problems, love the Telerik stuff... the OpenAccess side of things always brings us a few headaches unfortunately,

running VS2010 - Ntier VB, MVC, WebForms Development

Cheers

Steven

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Dimitar Kapitanov
Telerik team
answered on 03 May 2010, 04:45 PM
Hello Steven,
Actually we are working on the Visual Designer for OpenAccess ORM support for VS2010 even in this very moment. So far we didn't provide VS2010 because of some code-generation problems that we're facing. But we already has a working solution that we are testing, and hopefully very soon we will be able to output an internal build or a SP release that contains the VS2010 support.

Best wishes,
Dimitar Kapitanov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Tags
Getting Started
Asked by
Steven
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Dimitar Kapitanov
Telerik team
Share this question
or