This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

VS2008 crash after splitting code window

3 Answers 44 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Craig A
Top achievements
Rank 1
Craig A asked on 06 May 2010, 12:06 AM
This just started happening after I installed JustCode. If I use 'Window->Split' on an .aspx file, the next time I click into the source code window Visual Studio crashes. I found this in the event log:

An unhandled exception occurred and the process was terminated. 

Application ID: DefaultDomain 

Process ID: 3204 

Exception: System.AccessViolationException 

Message: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt. 

StackTrace:    at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.CallWindowProc(IntPtr wndProc, IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam) 
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.DefWndProc(Message& m) 
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m) 
   at ”.œ.WndProc(Message& m) in c:\B10\Manticore\Production2010_Release\Sources\source\JustCode.Application\Services\EditorService\OpenFile\Events\EditorWindowSubclassing\VSTextViewWindow.cs:line 184 
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.DebuggableCallback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam) 

I reproduced it several times in a row.

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Tsviatko Yovtchev
Telerik team
answered on 07 May 2010, 09:36 AM
Hello Craig,

Thanks for reporting this issue. It is completely reproducible and  really nasty so I scheduled it to be fixed the next week. You should be able to monitor our progress and grab a build once a fix becomes available.

All the best,
Tsviatko Yovtchev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Craig A
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 08 May 2010, 12:38 AM
Thanks so much for the quick response. Could you update my Telerik points please?
Tsviatko Yovtchev
Telerik team
answered on 10 May 2010, 01:09 PM
I just did :)

Please, do not hesitate to contact us again should you encounter any other problem.

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Craig A
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Tsviatko Yovtchev
Telerik team
Craig A
Top achievements
Rank 1