This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

VS 2015 - ASP.NET Tags

5 Answers 37 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
David
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
David asked on 20 Aug 2015, 03:40 PM

Since updating to VS 2015 Enterprise I have noticed a new "quirk" of which I am having difficulty tracking down.  I suspect the problem lies with JustCode but I cannot prove it.

Has anyone else noticed that all of your event handlers are being tagged as "not found"?  I get the message "ASP.NET Tags: Event handler not found" on each and every event on all controls (both Telerik and default ASP.NET items) in my *.aspx files.  As everything actually exists, and actually works, this is an annoyance.  Yes I can ignore it however should I?

The problem seems to be consistent across all project types.  Editing preexisting code or starting new projects result in the same effect.  All "event handlers" are flagged as missing.

I am running the latest internal builds of JustCode.  About the only thing I have not tried is a complete wipe of all Telerik and a reload of all features.

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Michele
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 21 Aug 2015, 07:11 AM

Hi, same problem after JustCode update 2015.3.817.1.

Nikolay Valchev
Telerik team
answered on 25 Aug 2015, 06:12 AM
Hello,

Our Visual Studio 2015 version is little bit different. We reworked the JustCode to step on Roslyn. You can read the announcement here -  What’s Ahead for JustCode

There is a problem with aspx files currently. The essence is that  we haven't linked the type information coming from Roslyn with the HTML in aspx files. That causes the errors that you've hit.

We will improve that soon. We are really sorry for the inconvenience!

Regards,
Nikolay Valchev
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Jon
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 14 Sep 2015, 12:26 PM

Hi Nikolay

Does the issue you described explain why I'm getting massive numbers of warnings in my aspx files for things such as 

'__DataBinding__control182' does not match the naming convention.

and

'Container' does not match the naming convention.​

Regards

Jon

David
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
answered on 14 Sep 2015, 07:51 PM

While I do not work for Telerik, I can confirm that I have seen the same occurrence.   Things have improved a bit with several internal builds.  I also have taken the time to change some of my standards to "fit" the more "norm".  Who knew I was so far "out of whack".

Jon
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 15 Sep 2015, 07:07 AM

Ha ha, yes I noticed the same thing about a year and a half ago so changed them then, oh the joy of the RSI that gave me for a while - hence knowing that the warnings coming up were wrong.  

You're right about the internal builds improving things.  Looks like there is still a fair bit of weeding out that needs to be done though.

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
David
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Answers by
Michele
Top achievements