This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

VS 2013 Toolbox & .NET Versions

1 Answer 54 Views
Installer and VS Extensions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
David
Top achievements
Rank 1
David asked on 11 Apr 2014, 02:49 PM
I installed the .NET Telerik controls (AJAX) and the extensions for VS 2013 and I want to generate a web application targeting .NET 4.

If I target .NET 4.5.1, then the tools appear in the toolbox but if I target .NET 4 then they do not.

It seems the controls can still be used in older .NET versions as I can paste code for the controls into my .apsx files in my .NET 4 project and they seem to work OK.

I need the latest version of the controls and VS as I need to target both touch and mouse devices as well as some older browsers.  Can I safely do this?  What are the implications?

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Yana
Telerik team
answered on 15 Apr 2014, 11:44 AM
Hello David,

Thank you for contacting us.

Reviewing the details that you provided us, I suppose the reason why you could not access Telerik UI for ASP.NET AJAX in the Visual Studio Toolbox is that the current version of the toolbox controls mismatch the target framework of the project.

In order to get access to the UI for ASP.NET AJAX toolbox controls in your project, you just need to choose the appropriate controls version. For example: when you have project with .NET 4.0 target framework, the version of the controls should be for .NET 4.0 Framework.

Changing the controls versions could be done using our Toolbox Configurator wizard. More information about the wizard and how to use it can be found on this: LINK

Should you have additional questions or need further assistance, do no hesitate to get back to us.

Regards,
Yana
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

Tags
Installer and VS Extensions
Asked by
David
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Yana
Telerik team
Share this question
or