VS 2010 web ui (ajax) extensions not found

4 posts, 0 answers
  1. Sergey
    Sergey avatar
    2 posts

Posted 10 Oct 2010 Link to this post

I run Visual Web Developer 2010 Express. I installed Web UI components and added them manually to the toolbox. But the VS extensions were not available. I tried to find the Telerik extensions for Ajax in Extension Manager->Online gallery, but nothing has appeared there in search results. I tried another search term "telerik webui vsextensions", as recommended in http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/aspnet-ajax/vs-extensions/telerik-controls-and-vs-2010.aspx , but it also returns no result. Searching for "extensions" or "telerik" also does not include the extensions.
    I also ran extensions for MVC, and they also do not appear in VS, and there's no Telerik menu in VS2010.

Please advise me on that.

2. Biliana Ficheva
    Admin
    Biliana Ficheva avatar
    99 posts

Posted 11 Oct 2010 Link to this post

Hello Sergey,

The reason for the missing extensions is that we do not support Visual Studio Extensions for the Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2010 Express. The minimal supported version is Visual Studio Professional edition.

Greetings,
    Biliana
    the Telerik team
    Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
  3. UI for ASP.NET Ajax is Ready for VS 2017
  4. Paul
    Paul avatar
    3 posts

Posted 13 Dec 2010 Link to this post

I wish this was made more clear before I downloaded it and wasted half the day wondering why no controls are appearing in the toolbox.
  5. Erjan Gavalji
    Admin
    Erjan Gavalji avatar
    1455 posts

Posted 13 Dec 2010 Link to this post

Hi Paul,

Point taken. We are on our way updating the documentation.
    Please, excuse the inconvenience.

Kind regards,
    Erjan Gavalji
    the Telerik team
    Browse the vast support resources we have to jump start your development with RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX. See how to integrate our AJAX controls seamlessly in SharePoint 2007/2010 visiting our common SharePoint portal.