This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

VS 2010 Settings

3 Answers 65 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Digga
Top achievements
Rank 1
Digga asked on 06 Jul 2012, 08:03 AM
Hi

I've just un-installed JC and found that a number of settings were touched by the JC install and not set back at un-install. I've fixed a couple, but, I don't know what others were changed.

Can you please provide a list of all the settings that are updated during the install?

Can you please ask the developers to add this return to pre-install state for all options in VS?

Thanks,

Lee

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Ivo Bratoev
Telerik team
answered on 11 Jul 2012, 08:29 AM
Hello,

JustCode disables two settings in Visual Studio Options -> Text Editor -> C# -> Advanced:
- Underline errors in the editor.
- Show live semantic errors.
JustCode has much more advanced solution wide analysis.

We don't disable them in the installer but during the start of Visual Studio. We are currently not reverting them back during uninstall because of various issues with tinkering with Visual Studio settings from the installer.
Your feedback is welcome and we will investigate what we can do so that we don't cause unexpected changes in your VS environment.

Kind regards,
Ivo Bratoev
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get it now >>

Digga
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 11 Jul 2012, 08:39 AM
Thanks Ivo
Anders Mad.
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 17 Jul 2012, 01:40 PM
I am trying out JustCode these days, but encountered this situation - spent some time searching on why this feature was disabled.. The thing is, i disabled the JustCode error/analyse thing pretty quickly since it was kiling perf. (big project) - but it keeps disabling the stock underline indicator on each load.. Btw, also spend some time on remove keyboard shortcuts that had overridden my defaults..

So please don't change standard settings - especially if the analyse in JustCode has been turned of..

/Anders
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Digga
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Ivo Bratoev
Telerik team
Digga
Top achievements