This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

VS 2008 No Metadata has been registered Q1 2012

2 Answers 57 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Jeff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Jeff asked on 03 Apr 2012, 04:24 AM
Hello all,
We are receiving the No metadata has been registered error on our Windows 7 64-bit machines running the Q1 2012 version of Telerik ORM, VS 2008 and .NET 3.5, 4.0 is installed on the machine but is not being used. I checked for the enhancer code and it exists in the .csproj file.

<Import Condition="Exists('$(MSBuildExtensionsPath)\OpenAccess.targets')" Project="$(MSBuildExtensionsPath)\OpenAccess.targets" />

If I go to a test box and recreate the same model using VS2010 there is no error and the project works fine. This appears to be a compatibility issue. 

Error
No metadata has been registered for class ClassLibrary2.Address. (This usually indicates, that either this class is not declared persistent or it is declared persistent but not enhanced. The class was loaded from file:

Any help you are able to provide is greatly appreciated.

Thank You
Jeff

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Jeff
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 Apr 2012, 03:16 AM
Hello all,
We resolved this issue. The OpenAccess.targets file included with the Q1 2012 install for VS2008 uses the old venhancer and not the new enhancer. To fix this issue you have to get a copy of the OpenAccess.targets file that calls the enhancer. To do this I installed ORM on a VS2010 box and copied the file to my VS2008 box. Once this is done open the model again and switch from XML to attribute or the go the other way then save the model and rebuild the class. Once the class rebuild you can switch it back an rebuild it again. The issue should now be resolved.

Thanks
Jeff
Serge
Telerik team
answered on 05 Apr 2012, 05:12 PM
Hello Jeff,

I am glad you managed to solve your issue, do let us know if you face further trouble. And rest assured  we will try to improve this behaviour or at least provide a more meaningful exception message. 

Kind regards,
Serge
the Telerik team
Telerik OpenAccess ORM Q1 2012 release is here! Check out what's new or download a free trial >>
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Jeff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Jeff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Serge
Telerik team