VisualStudio2013 Theme

4 posts, 0 answers
  1. Kennet
    Kennet avatar
    104 posts

Posted 16 Aug 2014 Link to this post

Hi!

The new theme "VisualStudio2013" looks nice, but how do I apply it to my application?

Windows8 theme, I just added StyleManager.ApplicationTheme = new Windows8Theme(); before InitializeComponent(); But I cant find this for VisualStudio2013 Theme.

I get the color settings like: VisualStudio2013Palette.LoadPreset(VisualStudio2013Palette.ColorVariation.Dark);

Is there any simple WPF C# example I look at?

Thanks!
  2. Yana
    Admin
    Yana avatar
    4554 posts

Posted 18 Aug 2014 Link to this post

Hi Kennet,

VisualStudio2013 theme can be applied only with Implicit Styles ( it cannot be set with StyleManager). Please check the following topic on our documentation for detailed information on Implicit Styles:
    Setting a Theme (Using Implicit Styles).

Note that we strongly recommend using Implicit Styles instead of StyleManager, that's why our new themes support only this approach.  You could take a look at the XAML Theming - Implicit Styles versus StyleManager blog post which explains the pros and cons of both ways.

I hope this will be helpful.

Regards,
    Yana
    Telerik

Check out Telerik Analytics, the service which allows developers to discover app usage patterns, analyze user data, log exceptions, solve problems and profile application performance at run time. Watch the videos and start improving your app based on facts, not hunches.

3. UI for WPF is Visual Studio 2017 Ready
  4. Kennet
    Kennet avatar
    104 posts

Posted 18 Aug 2014 in reply to Yana Link to this post

I have seen this documentation, but its pretty complex and don't say anything about "VisualStudio2013 Theme". The document for  "VisualStudio2013 Theme" just talk about colour variations.

Still a C# WPF example would be nice to have as a reference, just with some simple controls like GridView, Tab and buttons.

Thanks!
  5. Yana
    Admin
    Yana avatar
    4554 posts

Posted 18 Aug 2014 Link to this post

Hello Kennet,

Thank you for your feedback on our documentation, it will be definitely considered.

Regards,
    Yana
    Telerik

Check out Telerik Analytics, the service which allows developers to discover app usage patterns, analyze user data, log exceptions, solve problems and profile application performance at run time. Watch the videos and start improving your app based on facts, not hunches.