This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Visual Style Builder support for Q3 2010 release?

4 Answers 49 Views
Visual Style Builder
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Mark Schramm
Top achievements
Rank 1
Mark Schramm asked on 25 Jan 2011, 10:48 PM
We use Visual Style Builder to create a custom skin.  The tool seems to produce an outdated skin for an older Telerik ASP.Net release.  As an example, it appears to not specify theming for the RadButton at all.  There are also some other display anomalies that I am assuming are related to this skin versioning.

What is the status of the Visual Style Builder?  Does it indeed produce an outdated skin?  If so, is a new release immanent?  If not, what is the recommended route?  Should we not use the Visual Style Builder?  Is there a converter?  Should we use one of the supplied 12 skins?  Is it advisable for us to modify these skins by hand (i.e. without the Visual Style Builder)?

Thanks,
Mark

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Bozhidar
Telerik team
answered on 27 Jan 2011, 08:50 AM
Hello Mark,

Yes, at the moment the VisualStyleBuidler does not support skinning for RadButton, but a new updated version is on its way and will be available in shortly. I could not tell you when exactly the Style Builder will be updated, but I could assure you that in the new version there are some fixes for the existing controls and RadButton is also included.

For the time being you could use  the Telerik Embedded Skins, or you could change / create skin by hand modifying CSS files and image sprites directly. For some help, you could take a look at: Tutorial: Creating Custom Skin for RadButton.

Also I think that creating / modifying skins by hand gives you much more flexibility to achcive exactly what you want.

Regards,
Bojo
the Telerik team
Browse the vast support resources we have to jump start your development with RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX. See how to integrate our AJAX controls seamlessly in SharePoint 2007/2010 visiting our common SharePoint portal.
Ryan Regalado
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 06 Sep 2011, 10:33 PM
The link to oneline Visual Style Builder is not working. Do you know when this will be available?

http://stylebuilder.telerik.com/ErrorPageResources/error.aspx?aspxerrorpath=/default.aspx

Getting error and redirecting to this page
Bozhidar
Telerik team
answered on 07 Sep 2011, 08:39 AM
Hi,

I have just tested the page and it is accessible. Attached is VSB.jpg showing a screenshot from my browser. I suppose that the site was down just for a few minutes when you were trying to access it.

Greetings,
Bojo
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

Ryan Regalado
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 07 Sep 2011, 05:12 PM
Thank you. The site is now coming up for me as well.
Tags
Visual Style Builder
Asked by
Mark Schramm
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Bozhidar
Telerik team
Ryan Regalado
Top achievements
Rank 1