This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Visual Studio 2015 RC support / Telerik menu missing in VS 2015 RC menu bar

11 Answers 826 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Mikael Kleinwort
Top achievements
Rank 1
Mikael Kleinwort asked on 20 Jun 2015, 10:06 AM

I installed Visual Studio 2015 RC.After this, I did a new, clean install of Telerik's DevCraft, Kendo, Thunder, and Data Access.

But in Visual Studio 2015 RC, the Telerik menu is missing. The only Telerik item that Shows up in the VS 2015 RC menu bar is Justcode.

The Telerik controls do show up correctly in the VS 2015 RC toolbox.

What can I do to get the Telerik menu showing up in the VS menu bar?

Regards, Mikael

11 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Mikael Kleinwort
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 20 Jun 2015, 10:22 AM

I was able to manually install most of the missing extensions. 

However, extensions for Thunder and data Access cannot be installed manually since I don't find those extensions for Manual Installation.

Regards, Mikael

Stefani Tacheva
Telerik team
answered on 23 Jun 2015, 09:21 AM
Hi Mikael,

Thank you for using our services.

Regarding the extensions for Data Access, version Q1 2015 (2015.1.225.1) offers Visual Studio integration for Visual Studio 2010, 2012, and 2013. The support for Visual Studio 2015 is not on the roadmap, because with the following versions the product will be distributed only through NuGet packages. You can find more details about the future of Data Access in this blog post. If you are maintaining applications that consume the Visual Studio integration of Data Access, you may find this blog post useful as well.

The supported Visual Studio versions for Sitefinity and Sitefinity Thunder are the same as the ones for Data Access. You can find them listed in our System Requirements article. If you decide to use different Visual Studio version then you could follow these two articles for installing and setting up Sitefinity Thunder:

http://docs.sitefinity.com/thunder-install-and-upgrade

http://www.sitefinity.com/blogs/grisha-karanikolovs-blog/2014/08/19/sitefinity-thunder-why-you-need-it-how-to-install-and-set-it-up

I hope this helps. Let us know, if you need further information or assistance.

Regards,
Stefani Tacheva
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Michael
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 14 Sep 2015, 02:01 PM

Hi,

Can you please post how you manually installed all extensions?

I am using Visual Studio 2015 Community Edition and I only see JustCode menu.

How do I bring back the Telerik menu?  Also, I need reports to work.  Right now, when I open report file, it opens as .cs file in note editor.

Dyanko
Telerik team
answered on 17 Sep 2015, 10:55 AM
Hello Michael,

I would suggest to install the required VSExtensions using the Visual Studio Gallery. I have prepared the following quick steps in order to guide you:
  1. Open the Extensions and Updates manager from the Tools menu in your Visual Studio
  2. Select the Online tab on the left side and mark the Visual Studio Gallery sub-tab
  3. Type "Telerik VSExtensions" in the Search Visual Studio Gallery text box
  4. Select the extension needed and click the Download button
  5. Follow the installation steps and restart Visual Studio when prompted

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Dyanko
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tom
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 24 Nov 2015, 04:07 PM
That wasn't helpful.  I installed Telerik using the Control Panel and no menu items exist.  Extensions and Updates show that the extensions are installed.
Dyanko
Telerik team
answered on 27 Nov 2015, 11:31 AM
Hello Tom,

Have you tried to install the latest versions of the Telerik using the Telerik Control Panel? The issue with installation of the VSExtensions under Visual Studio 2015 Community edition is already solved.

I would suggest to check if the Telerik VSExtensions are enabled in the Extensions and Updates manager in your Visual Studio.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards,
Dyanko
Telerik
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 02 Aug 2016, 05:27 PM
Thanks, that helped a lot.
Bob
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 16 Nov 2016, 04:51 PM
I'm currently using VS 2015 Update 3 and have a similar problem. Specifically the UI for ASP.NET MVC menu item is missing and there are no Telerik Project Templates available under 'New Project'. How did you "manually" install the extensions?
Dimo
Telerik team
answered on 21 Nov 2016, 08:07 AM
Hello Bob,

The UI for ASP.NET MVC Visual Studio extensions can be installed manually via the Visual Studio Extensions and Updates gallery. Here is the respective web page of the UI for ASP.NET MVC Visual Studio extensions:

https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=TelerikInc.TelerikASPNETMVCVSExtensions

An alternative option is to install the extensions during the installation of UI for ASP.NET MVC, when the .msi installer is used.

Regards,
Dimo
Telerik by Progress
Tim
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 14 Feb 2017, 03:09 PM
I am experiencing a similar problem after getting a new computer (running Windows 10). Installed VS 2015 Professional and then, using the Telerik Control Panel, Reporting, JustCode and Open Access. In VS 2015 there is not a Telerik item in the menu bar (but a Reporting template is available when I add new item), but there is a JustCode item. When comparing Extensions and Updates, Installed on my old machine (running Windows 7 and where Telerik is in the VS 2015 menu bar), I is a "Telerik.CommonPackage" that is not installed on the new machine. Could that be why Telerik in not in the menu bar? How do I install that CommonPackage? I don't see it in the Online section when searching for Telerik.
Nikolay Mishev
Telerik team
answered on 16 Feb 2017, 01:07 PM
Hello Tim,

Thank you for writing to us.

I would suggest you to Repair the Telerik products installed in Visual Studio. The following steps will guide you through the process:
  1. Open the Telerik Control Panel
  2. Click on a product, for example "Reporting"
  3. In the drop down view select the Repair check box
  4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 for the other products installed in your Visual Studio
  5. Press the Proceed button
  6. After the Telerik Control Panel completes the repair operations, launch your Visual Studio and check if the issue is gone
This should install "Telerik.CommonPackage" and fix any issues that might have happened during the previous installation.

Please let us know if the issue still occurs.

Regards,
Nikolay Mishev
Telerik by Progress
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Mikael Kleinwort
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Mikael Kleinwort
Top achievements
Rank 1
Stefani Tacheva
Telerik team