This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Visual Studio 2015

1 Answer 247 Views
Integration with other products
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Bob
Top achievements
Rank 2
Bob asked on 01 Jun 2015, 09:05 PM
Is Data Access compatible with new Visual Studio 2015? If not - can you provide a time line for new compatible release?

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Doroteya
Telerik team
answered on 05 Jun 2015, 06:18 AM
Hi Bob,

Currently, the Visual Studio integration of Data Access does not support Visual Studio 2015. Nevertheless, you can use the Data Access NuGet packages in order to integrate the product within your Visual Studio 2015 solutions.

As for a timeframe for introducing support for Visual Studio 2015, I am afraid that I cannot provide you with such. This feature is not on our roadmap, because with our next official release (Q2 2015) we are officially deprecating our Visual Studio integration (wizards, editors, project templates, dialogues). The Q2 2015 version of Data Access will be the first one, which will be distributed only through NuGet packages. The mapping approach that we will continue to support is fluent (code-only) and the NuGet package that allows you to work with it is Telerik.DataAccess.Fluent. The runtime of Data Access is distributed through the Telerik.DataAccess.Core package.

Additionally, if you already have Data Access models that consume an .rlinq file, you can migrate them to fluent with the help of the workflow provided in this blog post.

I hope this helps. Let us know if you need further information or assistance.

Regards,
Doroteya
Telerik

Check out the latest announcement about Telerik Data Access vNext as a powerful framework able to solve core development problems.
Tags
Integration with other products
Asked by
Bob
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Doroteya
Telerik team
Share this question
or