I finally got it to work by uninstalling the telerik control panel and everything from my Windows Control Panel, then tracking down the .msi instead of the .exe and running it.
Eventually I decided to just use the EF stuff within VS2013 instead for better sustainability.
To answer your questions:
- I have VS2010 and VS2013 installed on my machine
- I was trying to install OpenAccess Q3 2013 SP1 (Telerik_OpenAccess_ORM_Free_Edition_Installer_Q3_2013_SP1.exe)
- I started with OpenAccess Q3 2013 installed and configured (and working) for VS2010
- I had / have no other Telerik products installed, including the Telerik Control Panel
Here's everything else I tried that did not work:
I was using the stand alone installer (the .exe), and not doing it from the Control Panel. At first, in fact, I never installed the Control Panel. I tried installing it with the Telerik Control Panel and without and got nothing.
At one point I used the Windows Control Panel to unistall everything Telerik and re-ran the .exe. Then the project templates showed up in VS2013 but I was getting errors when I tried to create a new project with them.
I also tried opening my VS2010 project that I used OpenAccess ORM in, with VS2013, but still didn't get the Telerik menu anywhere.
Maybe the problems I had are related to the fact that I have VS2010 installed, and had OpenAccess ORM working with it, before installing VS2013 and then trying to install OpenAccess ORM for VS2013
But, as I said at the start, I got it working and decided to uninstall them anyway. If someone wants to dig up the link to the .msi again, and post it here for posterity, that might be helpful.