This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Visual Studio 2013?

11 Answers 233 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Morgan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Morgan asked on 16 Dec 2013, 08:47 PM
Wanted to test a theory with ORM but it doesn't support VS 2013, what is the eta on this integration?

11 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Max
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 17 Dec 2013, 09:08 AM
Not sure why you say that, I'm currently using it in Visual Studio 2013... What error(s) are you getting?
Kristian Nikolov
Telerik team
answered on 17 Dec 2013, 11:18 AM
Hi Morgan,

We are happy to say that as of Q3 2013 SP1, Telerik OpenAccess ORM fully supports the official version of Visual Studio 2013. Unfortunately, due to current problems in our Control Panel and Web Installer you are unable to select Visual Studio 2013 as an install option from those tools. We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

To install OpenAccess ORM for Visual Studio 2013, you must do so using the .msi installer package. You can download the it from your Telerik account using this link.

I hope this helps. If you have any more questions, feel free to post in our forums again.

Regards,
Kristian Nikolov
Telerik
OpenAccess ORM Q3 2013 simplifies your model operations even further providing you with greater flexibility. Check out the list of new features shipped with our latest release!
Matthew
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 14 Jan 2014, 02:34 PM
Am I the only one having trouble getting this to work with VS2013?
I was using it with VS2010 and got hooked but now that I've upgraded to VS2013 nothing works. I finally went to the control panel and completely uninstalled it, then reinstalled it - and the new project templates showed up in VS2013. But they threw an error when I try to create one. Other than that I can't find the Telerik menu items anywhere.

Please help!
Issam
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 14 Jan 2014, 08:26 PM
in my fresh installed Win7 machine, Openaccess run happily in vs2013 pro
Viktor Zhivkov
Telerik team
answered on 17 Jan 2014, 08:59 AM
Hello Matthew,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing such issues with Visual Studio 2013.
I would like to ask you to try to install the latest version of OpenAccess (Q3 2013 SP1) from the standalone installer rather than the Control Panel. Given that you may have already a corrupted installation I would suggest that you first un-install manually the current version using Programs and Features tool in Windows and then install the standalone setup.
If that does not help, please send us details about:
  • Visual Studio version(s) installed on your machine
  • Version of OpenAccess that you are trying to install
  • Other Telerik products installed on the same machine with their versions

We are looking forward your feedback if the outlined steps resolved your situation or not.

Regards,
Viktor Zhivkov
Telerik
OpenAccess ORM Q3 2013 simplifies your model operations even further providing you with greater flexibility. Check out the list of new features shipped with our latest release!
Matthew
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 17 Jan 2014, 06:38 PM
I finally got it to work by uninstalling the telerik control panel and everything from my Windows Control Panel, then tracking down the .msi instead of the .exe and running it.
Eventually I decided to just use the EF stuff within VS2013 instead for better sustainability.

To answer your questions:
  • I have VS2010 and VS2013 installed on my machine
  • I was trying to install OpenAccess Q3 2013 SP1 (Telerik_OpenAccess_ORM_Free_Edition_Installer_Q3_2013_SP1.exe)
  • I started with OpenAccess Q3 2013 installed and configured (and working) for VS2010
  • I had / have no other Telerik products installed, including the Telerik Control Panel

Here's everything else I tried that did not work:
I was using the stand alone installer (the .exe), and not doing it from the Control Panel. At first, in fact, I never installed the Control Panel. I tried installing it with the Telerik Control Panel and without and got nothing.

At one point I used the Windows Control Panel to unistall everything Telerik and re-ran the .exe. Then the project templates showed up in VS2013 but I was getting errors when I tried to create a new project with them. 

I also tried opening my VS2010 project that I used OpenAccess ORM in, with VS2013, but still didn't get the Telerik menu anywhere.

Maybe the problems I had are related to the fact that I have VS2010 installed, and had OpenAccess ORM working with it, before installing VS2013 and then trying to install OpenAccess ORM for VS2013

But, as I said at the start, I got it working and decided to uninstall them anyway. If someone wants to dig up the link to the .msi again, and post it here for posterity, that might be helpful.
Ivailo
Telerik team
answered on 21 Jan 2014, 01:18 PM
Hello Matthew,

For future reference, we believe the problem was caused by the installation sequence. If we have understood you correctly, you have installed in the following order:
  1. Visual Studio 2010
  2. OpenAccess ORM
  3. Visual Studio 2013
  4. OpenAccess ORM
If that is the case, without uninstalling OpenAccess before step 4 it is likely to have issues with the new version of Visual Studio, as the OpenAccess ORM Visual Studio add-in was never registered there. For such cases we recommend explicitly uninstalling OpenAccess, and then installing it again.

Let us know if you decide to reconsider your choice of ORM, we will be happy to assist you with integrating OpenAccess in your project.

Regards,
Ivailo
Telerik
Ganesh
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 29 Jan 2016, 08:46 AM

Hello Kristian,

I have a question on this. Is the Telerik Data access q3 2013 SP1 in this link (http://www.telerik.com/support/whats-new/data-access/release-history/q3-2013-sp1) the one you refer here as Telerik Open access Q3 2013 SP1?  Kindly confirm.

Thanks,

Ganesh.

Doroteya
Telerik team
answered on 03 Feb 2016, 07:38 AM
Hi Ganesh,

Let me confirm that the version from the link is indeed the one mentioned in Kristian's post.

Regards,
Doroteya
Telerik

Check out the latest announcement about Telerik Data Access vNext as a powerful framework able to solve core development problems.
Ganesh
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 10 Feb 2016, 10:19 AM

Hello Doroteya,

Thank you. Just one more question :-) I am using the Telerik OpenAccess ORM in one of my applications. It is right now maintained with .NET 4.0 framework and with Visual Studio 2010. I plan to migrate our application to VS 2013, and that is the reason for my above question. Now, I would like to know if we can directly go to VS 2015 with this Telerik version? Would that be possible or are there any breaking changes?

Kindly let me know. 

Thanks,
Ganesh.

Doroteya
Telerik team
answered on 15 Feb 2016, 09:11 AM
Hello Ganesh,

Thank you for the feedback.

Telerik Data Access Q1 2015 does not support Visual Studio 2015. In order to migrate your project to this version you need the Data Access NuGet packages Q3 2015. In case you have an .rlinq file on your side you can migrate it to fluent mapping with the help of Data Access Q1 2015 + Visual Studio 2013 and the workflow described in this blog post.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Doroteya
Telerik

Check out the latest announcement about Telerik Data Access vNext as a powerful framework able to solve core development problems.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Morgan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Answers by
Max
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kristian Nikolov