This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Visual Studio 2010

12 Answers 196 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
James
Top achievements
Rank 1
James asked on 30 Nov 2009, 01:19 AM
I have 2009Q3  installed with VS 2008.
I installed VS 2010 Beta 2

The Win Rad Win Controls tab does not show up ( I added the tab and controls)
The Open Access menu is presents
The Telerik Report menu is not present

If I add a Radtextbox and run I get the following error:
Error 8 Type 'Telerik.WinControls.UI.RadTextBox' is not defined. 

Is there a previous message or paper that explains how to user Telerik products with VS 2010?

12 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Deyan
Telerik team
answered on 30 Nov 2009, 03:04 PM
Hello James,

Thanks for contacting us and for reporting this issue.

Currently, RadControls for WinForms installer does not integrate our product in Visual Studio 2010 Beta. However, we are aware of this and we plan to upgrade the installer for the next major release.

In the mean time, you can manually add our controls into Visual Studio Toolbox by following the instructions in the following KB article:

Manually Adding RadControls for WinForms in Visual Studio's Toolbox

I hope this is helpful. You can write back anytime you need further assistance.

Sincerely yours,
Deyan
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
James
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 30 Nov 2009, 03:32 PM
Thanks. What about the Report menu not being present in VS 2010?
Steve
Telerik team
answered on 30 Nov 2009, 04:07 PM
Hello James,

As explained in the Telerik Reporting System Requirements, IDEs that are in beta stage are not supported.

Best wishes,
Steve
the Telerik team

Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
James
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 01 Dec 2009, 02:40 AM
I was able to add the controls to the toolbox. However I still get the error message:

If I add a Radtextbox and run I get the following error:
Error 8 Type 'Telerik.WinControls.UI.RadTextBox' is not defined. 

I am assuming I am missing a reference?
James
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 01 Dec 2009, 02:48 AM
I think I answered my own question. I am guessing you can't use the current Telerik build with the 4.0 framework?
Nick
Telerik team
answered on 03 Dec 2009, 09:35 AM
Hello James,

Thank you for your question. .Net framework 4.0 is still in beta and we do not officially support it, but as far as we know you should not experience any problem in running an application using Telerik Controls for WinForms on it.

The error message that you posted does not seem to be related to the version of .net framework you use.

Best wishes,
Nick
the Telerik team

James
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 26 Dec 2009, 08:52 PM
Do you know the cause of the error message?
Nick
Telerik team
answered on 28 Dec 2009, 08:28 AM
Hi James,

Please refer to this external resource provided by Microsoft and use the check list to rule out the options.

Sincerely yours,
Nick
the Telerik team

James
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 28 Dec 2009, 04:14 PM
The problem is specific to the .NET 4.0 framework. The controls work fine in VS 2010 with 3.5 framework.
Nick
Telerik team
answered on 29 Dec 2009, 08:59 AM
Hello James,

Please try changing the build target to the complete version of .net framework 4.0. Here is an external screenshot demonstrating the combobox. Please note that the screenshot shows that the client profile version has to be selected, but you have to select the complete one. Does this resolve the issue?

Also we are aware of a bug in the serializer concerning BeginInit/EndInit that is present in VS 2010 Beta 2 which is not related to the current question but we would like you to be aware of it.

Do hesitate to write me back if you have further questions.

Best wishes,
Nick
the Telerik team

Robert Stuczynski
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 09 Feb 2010, 01:44 PM
what about VS2010 RC. It is support?
Nick
Telerik team
answered on 10 Feb 2010, 08:43 AM
Hi Robert Stuczynski,

Thank you for your question. The release candidate was released quite recently and we need some more time to test our controls on the new release candidate as we did on beta 2. I would like to emphasize that it is very important for us to provide full support for Visual Studio 2010 official release and we are checking compatibility with all prerelease versions so that the controls work flawlessly with the official one.

Do you use the betas/release candidates of Visual Studio for development at the moment?  

Kind regards,
Nick
the Telerik team

Follow the status of features or bugs in PITS and vote for them to affect their priority.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
James
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Deyan
Telerik team
James
Top achievements
Rank 1