This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Visual Inheritance

10 Answers 158 Views
Themes and Visual Style Builder
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
DoomerDGR8
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
DoomerDGR8 asked on 11 Jan 2011, 06:16 PM
I'm building an application with extensive visual inheritance. I have a Base RadForm. I need to have Windows7 theme application-wide. All forms inheriting this form have the correct theme but all controls that I place on the inheriting form are not picking the theme. How do I go about this? Need to manage theme for every Telerik control while using visual inheritance.

Edit: Here is a sample project. It has no theme (default blue theme) at the moment. I need Windows 7 theme (example) across the application but I want to set it through the BaseRadForm. One location to update theme application-wide.

10 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
DoomerDGR8
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
answered on 12 Jan 2011, 12:27 PM
Anyone please.
Richard Slade
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 13 Jan 2011, 02:37 PM
@Telerik - The response to this can be found in this other forum post
@Hassan - I'd suggest only opening one thread per question. Opening multiple threads per question can slow down responses from Telerik.

Thanks
Richard
DoomerDGR8
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
answered on 13 Jan 2011, 03:30 PM
This thread deals with common theme in visual inheritance only. The other is related to a grid not correctly inherited.
Richard Slade
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 13 Jan 2011, 03:37 PM
Apologies. I was getting this thread mixed with another one.
Richard
Accepted
Richard Slade
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 13 Jan 2011, 03:52 PM
Hello Hassan,

You can set the theme for the entire application. Please have a look at this documentation. In addition, you might find this forum thread useful on changing the theme at runtime
Regards,
Richard
DoomerDGR8
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
answered on 13 Jan 2011, 04:25 PM
OK. Got Application-wide theme. However, Had to collapse the Ribbon's QuickAccess bar and the Application Menu. Wish I could get the exact layout as shown in the demos.
Richard Slade
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 13 Jan 2011, 04:40 PM
Hello,

If you could include a screenshot of what you are trying to do, and the result you are currently getting, I'll do my best to help
regards,
Richard
DoomerDGR8
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
answered on 13 Jan 2011, 04:57 PM
Here's the issue I face. The Ribbon is not what I see in the IDE designer. and the Quick Access bar appears corrupt. (The colors of the application menu is resolved, thank you)
Richard Slade
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 13 Jan 2011, 05:25 PM
Hello,

Ok, I've now seen what you mean. When adding a RibbonBar, and changing the form to a RadRibbonForm (yes to the resulting dialog) then the items appear bold. I will look into this for you and get back to you as soon as I can
Richard
Accepted
Richard Slade
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 13 Jan 2011, 05:50 PM
Hello again hassan,

Ok, I've found a way around this. In order to change the look of the text for the RadButtonElements that are in the QuickAccessToolbar under Windows7Theme you need to change the TextRenderingHint.
E.g.
Me.RadButtonElement1.TextRenderingHint = Drawing.Text.TextRenderingHint.AntiAlias

I hope that helps, but let me know if yuo need more information
Richard
Tags
Themes and Visual Style Builder
Asked by
DoomerDGR8
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Answers by