This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Version 2016.1.112 Issues

7 Answers 108 Views
Grid
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
AP
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Veteran
AP asked on 14 Jan 2016, 12:26 PM

I've just updated a project to version 2016.1.112, and now the row that the mouse pointer hovers over is highlighted (see attached image). How can this be turned off?

Also, whilst it is now possible to filter for null dates, the Boolean columns on the grid, still only offer a true/false option. Is it possible to add an is null option?

Thanks

7 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
WenatexIT
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 14 Jan 2016, 12:52 PM

Hi

Got the same problem with the hovering rows - Need to turn them off

Regards

T. Tsonev
Telerik team
answered on 18 Jan 2016, 09:49 AM
Hello,

The Appearance help topic has been updated to include instructions on how to disable the hover style.

Apologies for the caused inconvenience.

Regards,
T. Tsonev
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
AP
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Veteran
answered on 18 Jan 2016, 10:53 AM

Applying the CSS fix to stop this behaviour (as per the updated documentation) isn't satisfactory. Alternative grid rows still loose their background colour, and the font-colour still changes.

This is a frustrating as this is a new 'feature' that wasn't included in the listed changes, and can make a significant difference to the default visual grid behaviour. Whilst on some colour schemes and grids the effect may be subtle, on others, with more complex grids a colour schemes, the application is effectively broken (text becomes unreadable, users get confused etc.) . Why wasn't this new feature made optional by default?

How can I ensure that rows don't change when hovered over?

AP
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Veteran
answered on 18 Jan 2016, 10:55 AM
I'm going to raise a support ticket about this, as I need this resolved as quickly as possible.
WenatexIT
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 18 Jan 2016, 11:12 AM
Thanks, works fine for me, although, I have no alternating row styles
AP
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Veteran
answered on 18 Jan 2016, 11:18 AM

I have managed to stop this happening, but I've had to hack the css theme file, to remove the k-grid tr:hover style.  Not something that should be required.

I think this is an ill-thought through 'feature'.

Iliana Dyankova
Telerik team
answered on 20 Jan 2016, 08:39 AM
Hello guys,

I am sorry to hear that the new feature isn't liked.

Basically, there are two ways to remove the hover styling. One is to open the Kendo UI theme CSS file (e.g. kendo.default.min.css) and remove the following CSS rule: 
.k-grid tr:hover {
    /* ...background styles here... */
}

The other option is to use the following CSS code to override the hover styling: 
.k-grid tr:not(.k-state-selected):hover {
   background: none;
   color: inherit;
}

.k-grid tr.k-alt:not(.k-state-selected):hover {
   background: #f1f1f1;
}

The #f1f1f1 value corresponds to the background color of .k-alt table rows. You can find the correct value for the Kendo UI theme that you are using by using the browser's DOM inspector. Alternatively, set a background color value or your preference.

Regards,
Iliana Nikolova
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
Grid
Asked by
AP
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Veteran
Answers by
WenatexIT
Top achievements