This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Validation in Radgrid

8 Answers 114 Views
Sharepoint Integration
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
pavan
Top achievements
Rank 1
pavan asked on 17 May 2011, 09:54 AM
I have a radgrid which is having some controls in its Edit and Insert mode.I have put some validation on those controls. we are using simple asp.net validator.In my case ,Everything is working properly untill Validator get fired.Once validator get fired,nothing is working,not even cancel button which can close Edit or insertion mode in the radgrid.In normal  asp.net web application,it is working fine.but in sharepoint it is giving problem.Is anything to do with config file . Looking for ur help.Thanks in advance

if we remove radajaxmanager  then everything is working fine. But we need that Ajax.Please provide any solution

8 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Radoslav
Telerik team
answered on 19 May 2011, 10:55 AM
Hi Pavan,

Could you please try using the following approach and let me know if the issue still exists:
1. Open the "SharePoint 2010 Management Shell"
2. Run the following command: set-spfarmconfig -ASPScriptOptimizationEnabled:$false

Looking forward for your reply.

Greetings,
Radoslav
the Telerik team

Browse the vast support resources we have to jump start your development with RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX. See how to integrate our AJAX controls seamlessly in SharePoint 2007/2010 visiting our common SharePoint portal.

pavan
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 19 May 2011, 01:33 PM
Thanks for your reply.But we are using Sharepoint 2007 where we don't have Management shell and no existence of the mention below command.
Tsvetoslav
Telerik team
answered on 20 May 2011, 06:34 AM
Hello pavan,

Please, specify if you are getting any server-side error or javascript exception (for the latter, you need to switch script debugging on in your browser). 

Regards,
Tsvetoslav
the Telerik team

Browse the vast support resources we have to jump start your development with RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX. See how to integrate our AJAX controls seamlessly in SharePoint 2007/2010 visiting our common SharePoint portal.

pavan
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 23 May 2011, 03:03 PM
 We are not getting any server-side error or javascript exception .Simply,it stand on same page.No other functionality is working then .So no other option than closing the browser.If no validation fired then everything will work fine.Problem arise when Validation get fired.It get stuck to that same page.
Tsvetoslav
Telerik team
answered on 25 May 2011, 11:22 AM
Hello pavan,

We no longer support SharePoint 2007 and I do not have a way to test your scenario. However, please, do the following test in order to get the picture clearer:
1. Put a validator control outside of the RadGrid control.
2. Add a validated control, e.g. a simple text box again outside of RadGrid.
3. Now open RadGrid's edit form with its validation controls and let us know of the result.

Regards,

Tsvetoslav
the Telerik team

Ankit
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 08 Aug 2012, 11:16 AM
Did we get any solution to this?  This doesnt work in Sharepoint 2010 also......
Ankit
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 08 Aug 2012, 04:53 PM

I had to paste this lines in javascript to make it work....
if (typeof (_spBodyOnLoadFunctionNames) != 'undefined' && _spBodyOnLoadFunctionNames != null) {

_spBodyOnLoadFunctionNames.push(

"supressSubmitWraper");

}

function supressSubmitWraper() {

_spSuppressFormOnSubmitWrapper =

true;

}

Tsvetoslav
Telerik team
answered on 09 Aug 2012, 03:09 PM
Hello Ankit,

Thanks for sharing that.

Greetings,
Tsvetoslav
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Tags
Sharepoint Integration
Asked by
pavan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Radoslav
Telerik team
pavan
Top achievements
Rank 1