This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Using VistaDB4 with version 2014.1.225.2

1 Answer 57 Views
Data Access Free Edition
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 2
Rob asked on 09 Apr 2014, 03:15 AM
Just installed the latest version of Data Access (2014.1.225.2).  The version release notes (www.telerik.com/support/whats-new/data-access/release-history/q1-2014) read:
Support for VistaDB 5.0 - Telerik Data Access supports VistaDB 5.0 now. If the VistaDB driver is not registered in the provider factories, Telerik Data Access will fallback to the 5.0 versions of VistaDB. If the application is running in a 4.0 .NET VM, the VistaDB.5.NET40.dll is used if not the VistaDB.5.NET20.dll.

My .net 4.0 website works fine with VistaDB4 (and DA 2014.1.225.2) locally BUT not when it is deployed. It then defaults to VistaDB5 and returns an error message:
System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: Database provider VistaDB.Provider.VistaDBProviderFactory, VistaDB.5.NET40, Version=5.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=dfc935afe2125461 not installed properly (CLR=v4.0.30319 64bit). ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'VistaDB.5.NET40, Version=5.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=dfc935afe2125461' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.GetTypeByName(String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean reflectionOnly, StackCrawlMarkHandle stackMark, Boolean loadTypeFromPartialName, ObjectHandleOnStack type) at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.GetTypeByName(String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean reflectionOnly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean loadTypeFromPartialName) at System.Type.GetType(String typeName, Boolean throwOnError) at OpenAccessRuntime.ProviderFactoryLoader.LoadImpl(String name, LogEventStore log, Int32 id) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at OpenAccessRuntime.ProviderFactoryLoader.LoadImpl(String name, LogEventStore log, Int32 id) at OpenAccessRuntime.Relational.RelationalStorageManagerFactory..ctor(StorageManagerFactoryBuilder b) at OpenAccessRuntime.storagemanager.StorageManagerFactoryBuilder.createSmfForURL()

If I include VistaDB.5.NET40 in the bin folder I get errors saying the the database needs updating to version 5. 

Can someone please show me what to get the latest version of DA working with vistaDB4? How do I register it in the provider factories, as suggested above???
Many thanks
Rob 

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Jan Blessenohl
Telerik team
answered on 09 Apr 2014, 08:05 AM
Hi Rob,

There is a nice article about the same issue with SqLite. Please have a look here:

3 ways to use the SQLite NuGet with Telerik Data Access

Regards,
Jan Blessenohl
Telerik

OpenAccess ORM is now Telerik Data Access. For more information on the new names, please, check out the Telerik Product Map.

Tags
Data Access Free Edition
Asked by
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Jan Blessenohl
Telerik team
Share this question
or