Thanks very much for responding. I will list out the imperative features:
* Horizontal layout, wrapping vertically and scaling out horizontally
* Items are equal-sized, image-based, tapping the image should allow for displaying a dialog
* Should give the illusion of paging with the flicks/swipes
* Must show clear paging separation to make sure there are no cutoff item tiles
* Must show a small sliver of the next page to the left and right to imply to the user that there is more content, or none.
* This sliver must be a hitbox for paging, should swiping/flicking not be the user's preference
* Swiping/flicking must allow horizontal offset manipulation to feel like their swipe/flick is natural (this may necessitate the scrollviewer?)
It isn't truly important to me how this effect is achieved, so I'm open to suggestions. The RadTileList sounds great, but I was not sure if it was supported by UI or Data virtualization. The samples I have found are very basic.
Ivan, I am still at this point a prospective customer, but if we can confirm this is possible (even if it requires some help from Telerik) I would be happy to authorize purchase of your controls. Thanks!