This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Using telerik controls in VS2010 project template

1 Answer 32 Views
Ajax
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
DanInMa
Top achievements
Rank 1
DanInMa asked on 23 Sep 2013, 08:10 PM
I am obviously very new to the .net world. Please forgive me if the solution is obvious btu goggling hasn't turned up any info I can apply directly to my situation. I am using Visual Studio 2010. I am creating a "start" project that includes all the things I need for any app on my site, including css, certain images, and external javascript files. 

When I export this project to a template, it does not include the Telerik assembly file for some reason, so When I start a new project from the exported template, It doesn't have the assembly file and I have to manually re-add the Telerik refernce.

What am I doing wrong? How can I fix this?

Thank You.

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Ianko
Telerik team
answered on 26 Sep 2013, 03:46 PM
Hi Panagiotis,

You could follow these articles about creating templates and how to manage its references:

Although I would like to point that if a reference is added manually and it is not linked from the GAC, then the created projects would not include physically the referenced DLL files.

I can recommend you creating a RadControls project from the installed templates or from the Telerik dropdown menu available in Visual Studio's toolbar. This way you would be sure that the references will be linked from the GAC and creating a template from this project will assure you that the created projects from it will have proper references.

Regards,
Ianko
Telerik
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to the blog feed now.
Tags
Ajax
Asked by
DanInMa
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Ianko
Telerik team
Share this question
or