This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Using SQLDataSource for RadMenu

1 Answer 106 Views
Sharepoint Integration
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Eric
Top achievements
Rank 1
Eric asked on 13 Nov 2007, 02:34 PM
I am using WSS 3.0 and RadMenu 2.0. I have gotten the RadMenu control installed and working with WSS 3.0 displaying the site map across the top of the page.

What I am looking to do is have a hierarchical menu displayed at the top of the master page. This menu should be dynamically created based on a users permissions to menu items defined in a SQL Server table. That table will contain the ID, ParentID, Name, and URL for each menu item, as well as a column containing a CSV list of users who can access each menu item.

What I need to be able to do is execute a stored procedure, passing in that users user name. That procedure will dynamically return a list of menu items specific to that user.

Has anyone ever successfully accomplished that before? What is the best way to approach this within SharePoint? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Eric

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Peter
Telerik team
answered on 14 Nov 2007, 10:05 AM
Hi Eric,

Thank you for using RadCotnrols.

RadMenu 2.0 is a very old version. We recommend you upgrade to the latest version 4.4 and take advantage of the many great improvements we have introduced. With version 4.x you can bing the menu to a DataTable using this help article.

Best wishes,
Peter
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center
Tags
Sharepoint Integration
Asked by
Eric
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Peter