This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Using SQL2005 Sequential GUID's

5 Answers 86 Views
Databases and Data Types
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Sean McConnell
Top achievements
Rank 1
Sean McConnell asked on 17 Feb 2009, 01:13 AM
Hello, we are trying to use OpenAccess with our existing database that uses sequential GUID's for Primary keys. I'm sure someone will say "don't use GUID's for PK's", well noted. Regardless, is there any way to get this to work correctly?

It appears that automatically pulling back the DB generated PK value is only supported for INT types - is this correct?

If we cannot get this to work, it basically breaks our performance increases gained from using Sequential GUID's vrs Regular GUID's. So we would either need to switch back to INT's (possible), try another solution (hope not), or possibly customize OpenAccess with a method of returning the newly generated GUID-type PK value ...

Cheers,

Matt

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Zoran
Telerik team
answered on 19 Feb 2009, 05:14 PM
Hello Randall Kohltfarber,

OpenAccess currently supports normal Guids and AUTOINC but sequential Guids are not supported yet. 

Greetings,
Zoran
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Check out the tips for optimizing your support resource searches.
Christian
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 Jun 2010, 08:45 PM
It has been over a year, have support for Sequential GUID's been added yet? 
Dimitar Kapitanov
Telerik team
answered on 07 Jun 2010, 08:57 AM
Hi Christian,
A new type mapping and definition system is being developed at the moment. The target release is for Q2 but we are sure we will be able to show something more even earlier. I think that the sequential GUIDs feature is exactly related to this development of ours, and I think we can have them for Q2. Hope that answers your questions.

Kind regards,
Dimitar Kapitanov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Christian
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 08 Jan 2011, 01:28 AM
Has this been addressed yet?
Damyan Bogoev
Telerik team
answered on 10 Jan 2011, 03:42 PM
Hi Sean McConnell,

I am afraid that Telerik OpenAccess ORM does not support sequential GUIDs yet. We will do our best to add this feature for the next Q1 release.
I am sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,
Damyan Bogoev
the Telerik team
Accelerate your learning with industry's first Telerik OpenAccess ORM SDK. Download today.
Tags
Databases and Data Types
Asked by
Sean McConnell
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Zoran
Telerik team
Christian
Top achievements
Rank 1