This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Using CollapsablePane control from 2009 Q3 collection

6 Answers 96 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Abdulrahman Nabil
Top achievements
Rank 1
Abdulrahman Nabil asked on 03 May 2010, 06:37 AM
Hi ,
I'm unable to extract CollapsablePane  control from 2009 Q3 collection example , could you please help by sending extracted solution ?
I was able to make  WinForms Q1 2009 SP1 (v2009.1.9.414)  work but when i click over it the frame size(Hight ) dosn't collabse only the element inside which is looks odd .
I guss its the collapsablepaneDefult.xml file cause this problem
Thanks
Abdulrahman

6 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Abdulrahman Nabil
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 05 May 2010, 07:40 AM
Hi guys ,

My company trying the trail version of Winforms Q3 2009 and we plan to buy it if it was fully server our needs , im found of it but i want to make it comprable to any type of collabsable panle like Divexpress  CollapsablePane
So please telerik team i started to ask your support....

I did extracted  CollapsablePane control from 2009 Q3 collection successfully ,I can play arround the control  but now i want to add a button indicator into the header to show if the control is expanded on or Not

,how I could do that?

Thanks Telerik team
Abdulrahman Nabil
Technical Consultant
Accepted
Nikolay
Telerik team
answered on 05 May 2010, 10:04 AM
Hi Abdulrahman Nabil,

Thank you for your interest in RadControls for WinForms.

The XP CollapsiblePanel control that you have found in our Integration section of the Examples application is only an example of the possibilities that our Telerik Presentation Framework provides. However, this is not an official RadControl that you will find in our toolbox. As you can read in the Telerik Presentation Framework articles, however, this framework gives you the ability to nest RadElements in an endless hierarchy. That said, you can easily add a button to show the status of the CollapsiblePane using the following code snippet:
buttonElement = new RadButtonElement();
buttonElement.Text = ">>";
buttonElement.MaxSize = new Size(25, 25);
buttonElement.Margin = new Padding(110, 0, 0, 0);
captionFillPrimitive.Children.Add(buttonElement);

RadControlsSpy will be of great use here, since it will display the hierarchy of elements that builds the CollapsiblePane and you will be able to nest the RadButtonElement at the appropriate place. Please find the full approach demonstrated in the sample project attached.

You can also refer to our RadPanelBar control which is an official part of our suite and provides collapsing and expanding behavior. In addition, in Q2 2010 we plan to introduce a new control - RadTabView.

Greetings,
Nikolay
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Abdulrahman Nabil
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 05 May 2010, 11:02 AM
Hi Nikolay ,
thanks so much for replaying me ,thats fantastic
but i stucked out with 3 problems i tried to sortthem out :
1-I'm trying to add a RadtreeView but the CollapsablePane dosn't show that at all , why i can't host Rad controles inside this nice control ,as it allow only RadbuttonElemtns to be hostedinside ?
2-Why when I press the new created button into the header  the control it self dose not repspond to himself by allowing it to collapse or expand or reverse its state?
3-A bug i found with the Control which its dose not collapse to itself closly when I fill the CollapsablePane.item collection with  9 RadbuttonElemnts or more .

,Could you help please this?
that control is critical to me application framwork interface.

Thanks Telerik team
Abdulrahman Nabil
Technical Consultant
Nikolay
Telerik team
answered on 13 May 2010, 07:15 PM
Hi Abdulrahman Nabil,

Please accept my apologies for the delayed response.

As I mentioned, the CollapsiblePane control contained in our Examples is just a demonstration of the Telerik Presentation Framework capabilities. However, this CollapsiblePane control is not a fully featured control and should not be used for generic purposes.

The control that you need is RadPanelBar. I am attaching a sample project which demonstrates how you can put 9 RadButtonElements and a RadTreeView control. This project addressed questions 1 and 3.

As to question 2, the RadButtonElement that is placed in the header processes the Click event and this prevents the pane from expanding/collapsing. You should set the button's ShouldHandleMouseInput property to false and the Click event will be processed by the header:
buttonElement = new RadButtonElement();
buttonElement.ShouldHandleMouseInput = false;
buttonElement.Text = ">>";
buttonElement.MaxSize = new Size(25, 25);
buttonElement.Margin = new Padding(110, 0, 0, 0);
captionFillPrimitive.Children.Add(buttonElement);

I hope that the RadPanelBar project will help you in your development process.

Sincerely yours,
Nikolay
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Abdulrahman Nabil
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 15 May 2010, 06:51 AM
Dear Nikolay ,
Good day ,thanks alot for such support ,I've extracted and build your solution but it tell me that :
Error 1 'Telerik.WinControls.UI.RadPanelBarGroupElement' does not contain a definition for 'ContentPanelSize' and no extension method 'ContentPanelSize' accepting a first argument of type 'Telerik.WinControls.UI.RadPanelBarGroupElement' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) D:\193256_radpanelbarcollapsiblecs\RadPanelBarCollapsibleCS\RadPanelBarCollapsibleCS\Form1.cs 54 43 RadPanelBarCollapsibleCS

how i could fix that ?

Thanks Telerik team

Abdulrahman Nabil
Technical Consultant
Nikolay
Telerik team
answered on 19 May 2010, 05:25 PM
Hi Abdulrahman Nabil,

ContentPanelSize is a relatively new property and you need to update to the latest version in order to use it.

All the best,
Nikolay
the Telerik team

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Abdulrahman Nabil
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Abdulrahman Nabil
Top achievements
Rank 1
Nikolay
Telerik team