We have the following questions/suggestions:
- what Visual Studio version do you use
- do you have more than one Visual Studio opened and do you switch between them
- do you use horizontal/vertical tab groups in Visual Studio
- how do you select the item - are you sure that it has the focus? Make sure of that by dragging it with the mouse first and then try using the arrow keys. Double click on a textbox item brings it to edit mode so you would not be able to move it while editing as well.
- to exclude the possibility of having another program taking over the focus, try the same with a standard winform and a textbox/button on it. If you cannot move that as well, then there is something wrong on your end.
As for the KB article you pointed to, there is a working sample project
at its very end. Download it and give it a spin.
the Telerik team
Check out Telerik Trainer
, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.