This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Upgrading Help: WSS2003->MOSS2007 & RadEditor

4 Answers 137 Views
WebParts for SharePoint
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Steve Brassard
Top achievements
Rank 1
Steve Brassard asked on 22 Mar 2007, 01:25 PM
Here is the situation:

We are currently migrating from Windows Sharepoint Server 2003 to MOSS 2007. I had Telerik RadEditor 2.0.1 working fine on WSS 2003. After I upgraded to MOSS 2007 I was getting errors with trying to edit the content zones with RadEditor. The error would be something regarding the Toolsfile.xml. I was told to uninstall the RadEditor 2.0.1 version and download and install the latest Free MOSS RadEditor version. After I installed the RadEditor for MOSS 2007, all the places on the pages where I had the RadEditor 2.0.1 version working now displays this error:

Web Part Error: A Web Part or Web Form Control on this Page cannot be displayed or imported. The type could not be found or it is not registered as safe.

It seems as though the RadEditor MOSS version is not getting placed where the old version of the control was working. I have over 300 pages on our global intranet that used the RadEditor 2.0.1 version. I need some information on how I can either reset these areas to the Default MOSS Rich Text Editor or use the new RadEditor MOSS version. Please do not tell me to reinstall the old version and copy and paste the content from one control to another as this would be an unacceptable answer.

I am hoping that Telerik had an upgrade path in mind for users like myself who used 2.0.1 version on WSS2003 and decided to migrate to MOSS2007 thinking this control (or its replacement) would continue to work. Any help is appreciated!!

Thanks in advance!
Steve

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Steve Brassard
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 23 Mar 2007, 12:05 PM
Hopefully I get somekind of response from Telerik on this... Thanks - Steve
Dimitar Milushev
Telerik team
answered on 30 Mar 2007, 12:37 PM
After working closely with Steve, we were able to resolve the issues with migrating the Editor from Sharepoint 2003 to Sharepoint 2007. If anyone else needs help with this migration, please open a support ticket and we will provide the necessary instructions.

Official migration documentation should be available by the end of next week.

Greetings,
Dimitar Milushev
the telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions at the new telerik Support Center
IT Department
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 27 Apr 2007, 09:02 AM
Hi.

I'm currently in the same situation. Have you released the official migration documentation, or do you want me to open a support ticket?

Thanks,
Frank
Dimitar Milushev
Telerik team
answered on 27 Apr 2007, 12:15 PM
Hello Frank,

Yes, please, open a support ticket.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Greetings,
Dimitar Milushev
the telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center