This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Upgrading from "RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX Q2 2009 SP1"

1 Answer 21 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Mark asked on 19 Mar 2015, 12:10 PM
Hello,

I am working on a project that uses RadControls for "ASP.NET AJAX Q2 2009 SP1" and I would like to upgrade to the latest version of "UI for ASP.NET AJAX" which my company has just purchased.

As the two versions are so far apart can anyone tell me of any pitfalls I may encounter?

Should I just setup a test development environment and "suck it and see"??

Thanks,

Mark.

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
David
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
answered on 19 Mar 2015, 01:00 PM
While your usage of 2009 indicates you have used Telerik longer than I have, I can perhaps give you a few pointers.  The Telerik "upgrade" wizard (from the telerik ASP.NET AJAX MENU) will actually give you most of what you are looking for.  It will offer to produce a backup of files.  Its final "act" is to produce a summary of changes along with various warnings.  Those warnings will give you key data you need to find "problems".  In short you need to go the "suck it and see" route.

I can attest to changes in the reporting engine which have caused me headaches however the Ajax suite has not bit me yet.  Of course with the length of time you have used things, you might also find newer ways of doing things making your program even more efficient.  The TELERIK folks have been very good at improving the functionality of their "toys" over time.

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
David
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran