This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Upgraded to newest 2009 release. Not sure which reference to use

1 Answer 25 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
drpcken
Top achievements
Rank 1
drpcken asked on 09 May 2009, 03:38 AM
I built a new dev machine and copied all my projects over to it.  Then I reinstalled Telerik with the newest Q1 2009 release ( I was one version behind ).  I immediately noticed some of my skins weren't working and tried re-adding the Telerik.Web.UI reference thinking that would help but it didn't.  I tried both dll's in the bin and bin35 folder.  Then I found the information about the skinning changes. 

My question is which reference should I be using: the one in the bin folder or the one in bin35?  90% of all my projects are on .net 3.5 but I want to make sure.

Thanks!

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Sebastian
Telerik team
answered on 11 May 2009, 10:20 AM
Hello drpcken,

Indeed there are breaking changes in the embedded RadControls skins in order to unify their css class names (an important step before the first release of the ASP.NET Visual Style Builder tool we plan to announce for Q2 2009) and improve/polish their look and feel. These modification are outlined in the relevant article from the documentation:

http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/radcontrols-changes-backwards-compatibility.html

Therefore, if you would like to use the old skin with the new versions of the controls, I suggest you use the skin converter we prepared for this purpose. How to use this tool you can see from the following blog post on our site.

You can use the assembly from the /bin35 folder of the installation for projects built on top of ASP.NET 3.5 and the assembly from the /bin folder for ASP.NET 2.x or ASP.NET 3.x projects.

Kind regards,
Sebastian
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Check out the tips for optimizing your support resource searches.  
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
drpcken
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Sebastian
Telerik team
Share this question
or