This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Upgraded To ASP.NET AJAXQ12009

3 Answers 69 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
sathies
Top achievements
Rank 1
sathies asked on 24 Apr 2009, 01:43 PM

Hi,

I developed an  application using  ASP.NET AJAXQ32008 trial version. When I upgraded to the licence version of  ASP.NET AJAXQ12009, I had the following error.

1)Telerik.Web.UI.RadToolBar with ID='toolBar' was unable to find embedded skin with name 'Gray'. Please, make sure that you spelled the skin name correctly, or if you want to use a custom skin, set EnableEmbeddedSkins=false.

2)My customized styles for Grid are not working

Please tell me the steps for installing the licence version for already developed application using trial version.

regards
sathies

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
ManniAT
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 24 Apr 2009, 02:13 PM
Hi,

I guess reading this thread could help:
http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/aspnet-ajax/grid/radgrid-q3-2008-skins-available-for-download.aspx

Your problems have nothing to do with trial / release - they occur because the skinning mechanism changed in some of the last versions. BUT - you are still able to use the old mechanism. Or use the skins provided in the post above.
About customization - take care some CSS classes (names) did change also.

And about the first point (the error message tells what you should do) pleases read here: http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/disabling_embedded_resources.html

Regards

Manfred
Jesse Flint
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 25 Apr 2009, 05:38 PM
I think its rather bad form to TOTALLY change the skins out from underneath us.

I have an application that uses radgrid all over the place with the Office 2007 skin.. and when I upgrade the controls, ALL of the pages in the are now broken and look COMPLETELY different.

I love the idea of new skins, but why not just make NEW skins, not override the ones that weve been using already... .If its called Office 2007, that shouldnt Change..

ManniAT
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 26 Apr 2009, 12:21 PM
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
sathies
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
ManniAT