Upgraded To ASP.NET AJAXQ12009

4 posts, 0 answers
  1. sathies
    sathies avatar
    37 posts

Posted 24 Apr 2009 Link to this post

I developed an  application using  ASP.NET AJAXQ32008 trial version. When I upgraded to the licence version of  ASP.NET AJAXQ12009, I had the following error.

1)Telerik.Web.UI.RadToolBar with ID='toolBar' was unable to find embedded skin with name 'Gray'. Please, make sure that you spelled the skin name correctly, or if you want to use a custom skin, set EnableEmbeddedSkins=false.

2)My customized styles for Grid are not working

Please tell me the steps for installing the licence version for already developed application using trial version.

2. ManniAT
    ManniAT avatar
    877 posts

Posted 24 Apr 2009 Link to this post

I guess reading this thread could help:

Your problems have nothing to do with trial / release - they occur because the skinning mechanism changed in some of the last versions. BUT - you are still able to use the old mechanism. Or use the skins provided in the post above.
    About customization - take care some CSS classes (names) did change also.

And about the first point (the error message tells what you should do) pleases read here: http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/disabling_embedded_resources.html

3. DevCraft R3 2016 release webinar banner
  4. Jesse Flint
    Jesse Flint avatar
    4 posts

Posted 25 Apr 2009 Link to this post

I think its rather bad form to TOTALLY change the skins out from underneath us.

I have an application that uses radgrid all over the place with the Office 2007 skin.. and when I upgrade the controls, ALL of the pages in the are now broken and look COMPLETELY different.

I love the idea of new skins, but why not just make NEW skins, not override the ones that weve been using already... .If its called Office 2007, that shouldnt Change..