This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Upgrade WinControls 2010 to 2015

11 Answers 82 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Mahdi
Top achievements
Rank 1
Mahdi asked on 11 May 2015, 12:34 PM

Hi

I have a legacy project that implemented with WinControls 2010. Now I should upgrade it to  2015 version (because it has problems with .net 4.5)

TabStripControl and other obsolete controls used in that project. So how can I upgrade them to new controls.

I managed to get 2011 version and upgrdae controls to that version and then use newer versions but there is no 2011 version available.

So how could I upgrade the project?

11 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Stefan
Telerik team
answered on 12 May 2015, 06:42 AM
Hi Mahdi,

Thank you for contacting Telerik Support. 

In Q3 2011, we have removed all obsolete controls from our code base after they were marked as obsolete for more than one year. The release notes are available here: http://www.telerik.com/products/winforms/whats-new/release-history/q3-2011-version-2011-3-11-1116.aspx.

My advice for this case will be to perform the upgrade in two stages. First, upgrade to Q3 2010 (if you are not already there or past it) where all obsolete controls and their descendants exist. For most of the obsolete controls, we offer a Conversion Tool, which will help you with the conversion. This tool can be used for the following conversions:
-
RadTabStrip to RadPageView
-
RadPanelBar to RadPageView
-
RadComboBox to RadDropDownList
-
RadListBox to RadListControl

Additionally, If you have used the old implementation of our docking control (DockingManger), you will be able to convert it to the new implementation (
RadDock) again from the option in the old control Smart Tag.

The only obsolete control which you will manually convert is the RadToolStrip control. The reason for not providing a tool for conversion of this control is the fact that both controls are semantically different, so you will have to manually recreate the control by using
RadCommandBar. From my experience, I can say that this is an easy conversion.

After you convert all your controls to their descendants and clean all errors and warnings, then you can perform an upgrade to the latest version.

I hope that you find this information helpful. If you have any questions, during the transition process, do not hesitate to contact us. 

Regards,
Stefan
Telerik

See What's Next in App Development. Register for TelerikNEXT.

Mahdi
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 12 May 2015, 08:03 AM

Thanks Stefan for your reply

And how can I get 2010 Q3?

Stefan
Telerik team
answered on 12 May 2015, 09:57 AM
Hi,

All versions you have ever downloaded are available in your account. 

- Login to your Telerik account
- Click on "Products and Subscriptions" > "DevCraft Complete"
- Click on "Download installers and other resources"
- Click the "Older versions" link in the "UI for WinForms" pane 
- Click the desired version 

If you have not downloaded it, it will not be visible in your account and you will have to contact sales@telerik.com with request for specific version(s).

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Stefan
Telerik

See What's Next in App Development. Register for TelerikNEXT.

Mahdi
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 13 May 2015, 07:13 AM

Thank you very much

and another problem: I went to http://www.telerik.com/account and it is in redirect loop and is not accessible

Mahdi
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 13 May 2015, 07:16 AM

Thank you very much

but I have another problem: i went to http://www.telerik.com/account an it is in redirect loop and not accessible

:-(

Stefan
Telerik team
answered on 13 May 2015, 02:03 PM
Hello,

It opens up just fine on my end. Perhaps it was some temporary issues. You can go to www.telerik.com and log in from there to access your account.

Regards,
Stefan
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Behsaman
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 06 Jun 2015, 07:48 AM

Hi I can't find 

"Products and Subscriptions" > "DevCraft Complete" and "Download installers and other resources"

Behsaman
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 08 Jun 2015, 05:14 AM
Any idea?!
Stefan
Telerik team
answered on 08 Jun 2015, 05:54 AM
Hello,

On the first image here you can see where to find it: http://www.telerik.com/help/winforms/installation-deployment-and-distribution-download-product-files.html.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Stefan
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Behsaman
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 09 Jun 2015, 05:34 AM

Dear Stefan 

site has different layout from what is in image

I attached the new layout that there is no DevCraft on it

Stefan
Telerik team
answered on 09 Jun 2015, 06:25 AM
Hi Behsaman,

From the image attached I can see that you have no licenses purchased, hence you cannot navigate to the aforementioned section ("Products and Subscriptions" > "DevCraft Complete" and "Download installers and other resources"). If you had a license, in the first pane "Products & Subscriptions" you would see the "DevCraft xxxxx" license, instead of the message "There are no purchased products...".

If you need to download the suite, in the middle pane from the image you provided you can see the trials section, and from there you can download a trial. Alternatively, you can use the download button here: http://www.telerik.com/products/winforms/download.aspx.

I hope that you find this information useful. Should you have any other questions, do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards,
Stefan
Telerik
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Mahdi
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Stefan
Telerik team
Mahdi
Top achievements
Rank 1