This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Upgrade to Q1/2012 crashes my diagram

14 Answers 184 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
adi
Top achievements
Rank 1
adi asked on 01 Mar 2012, 02:22 PM
Hi,

I've upgraded to new version and my "old" entity diagram and classes doesn't work anymore! I've changed nothing, but the references to the new libraries. The exception is {"Invalid column name 'id2'.\r\nInvalid column name 'id'.\r\nStatement(s) could not be prepared."}. But there is no property id2! Does anybody have the same problem? Or any suggestions?

Thanks!

14 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
adi
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 01 Mar 2012, 03:00 PM
Some additional infos. It looks like the generated sql statement is incorrect. I have a view and a related table. The view has some columns, I've renamed in entity diagram window. One of the column is named 'userid' I've renamed it to 'Id'. So I expect, that the query would contains something like 'SELECT [userid] AS col1 FROM [view] WHERE ...' But there is no column like userid in the statement. Rather than this, there is one column [Id] (from related table) and an other column [Id2] (from my view), which does not exist in the view.
PetarP
Telerik team
answered on 05 Mar 2012, 06:06 PM
Hi adi,

The exception you are seeing is caused because one of your columns has lost its mapping. When this happens a default mapping is generated by the OpenAccess runtime (usually that are the cases when you see id1, id2 etc) and when this mapping is not found on the database itself you see the exception. Can you please check your classes using the details editor for any properties that are not mapped to a column? This should fix your problem.

Greetings,
Petar
the Telerik team
Telerik OpenAccess ORM Q1 2012 release is here! Check out what's new or download a free trial >>
Alan
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 15 Mar 2012, 02:46 PM
After Installing SP1 to 2012 Q1, I am no longer able to use the Data Model Wizard to update (or create) models from a database.  I have tried with Oracle 10g and SQL 2008 databases.  I have tried on 2 different machines (both Windows 7 32 bit).  The one I had upgraded from 2011 Q3, then to 2012 Q1 when it was available, and the SP1.  After installing SP1 is when I was no longer able to communicate with the databases.

On the second machine, I installed 2011 Q3, and was able to communicate and build/update models from the databases.  As soon as I installed 2012 Q1 SP1, that machine also lost that functionality.  On my original pc, I uninstalled 2012 Q1 SP 1 and have tried installing 2012 Q1, the problem still exists.  The next thing I am going to try is to remove 2012 Q1 and install 2011 Q3...

Has anybody else had this problem?  Or have any other suggestions?  I will post my results from reverting to 2011 Q3 when I have finished.
Alan
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 15 Mar 2012, 03:21 PM
Reverting to 2011 Q3 works. 

When running 2011 Q1 SP1 the following SQL was running on the Oracle server, using near 100% of the processor.  When closing out of visual studio, it releases the session and processor goes back to normal.

select
distinct
ap.owner,
a.package_name,
decode(a.package_name, null, ap.object_name, ap.procedure_name) procedure_name,
a.overload
from sys.all_procedures ap
left join sys.all_arguments a on
(ap.object_name = a.object_name
or ap.procedure_name = a.object_name )
and ap.owner = a.owner
WHERE
:"SYS_B_0"=:"SYS_B_1"
AND ( ap.OWNER = :"SYS_B_2" )

and not exists (select object_name from sys.all_objects ao where ao.object_name = ap.object_name
and ao.object_type = :"SYS_B_3"
AND ( ao.OWNER = :"SYS_B_4" )
)
order by owner, package_name, procedure_name, overload

When I reverted back to 2011 Q3, here are the sql statments that ran on the server, which I was then able to view and select which schema elements to add to a new Model.

SELECT OWNER , OBJECT_NAME , SUBOBJECT_NAME , OBJECT_ID , DATA_OBJECT_ID , CREATED , LAST_DDL_TIME , TIMESTAMP , STATUS , TEMPORARY , GENERATED , SECONDARY FROM ALL_OBJECTS WHERE (OWNER= :OWNER OR :OWNER is null) and (OBJECT_NAME = :OBJECTNAME OR :OBJECTNAME is null) AND OBJECT_TYPE = :"SYS_B_0"
    SELECT DISTINCT t.table_name AS table_name,
t.column_name AS column_name,
t.data_type,
t.data_type AS type_name,
decode(t.data_type, :"SYS_B_00", :"SYS_B_01", :"SYS_B_02", :"SYS_B_03", :"SYS_B_04", :"SYS_B_05",
:"SYS_B_06", :"SYS_B_07", :"SYS_B_08", :"SYS_B_09", :"SYS_B_10", :"SYS_B_11", :"SYS_B_12", :"SYS_B_13",
:"SYS_B_14", :"SYS_B_15", DECODE (t.data_precision, null, t.data_length, t.data_precision)) as column_size,
t.data_scale AS decimal_digits,
t.CHAR_LENGTH AS char_length,
DECODE (t.nullable, :"SYS_B_16", :"SYS_B_17", :"SYS_B_18") AS nullable,
t.column_id AS ordinal_position,
t.owner AS schema_owner
, :"SYS_B_19" as table_type FROM all_tab_columns t,
all_tables u
WHERE u.table_name = t.table_name
AND u.owner = t.owner
AND ( t.owner = :"SYS_B_20" OR t.owner = :"SYS_B_21" )
AND t.table_name NOT LIKE(:"SYS_B_22")
AND t.table_name NOT LIKE(:"SYS_B_23")
AND t.table_name NOT LIKE(:"SYS_B_24")
AND t.table_name NOT LIKE(:"SYS_B_25")
AND t.table_name NOT LIKE(:"SYS_B_26")
AND t.table_name NOT LIKE(:"SYS_B_27")
AND t.table_name NOT LIKE(:"SYS_B_28")
AND t.table_name != :"SYS_B_29"
AND t.table_name NOT LIKE(:"SYS_B_30")
AND t.table_name != :"SYS_B_31"
UNION
SELECT DISTINCT t.table_name AS table_name,
t.column_name AS column_name,
t.data_type,
t.data_type AS type_name,
decode(t.data_type, :"SYS_B_32", :"SYS_B_33", :"SYS_B_34", :"SYS_B_35", :"SYS_B_36", :"SYS_B_37",
:"SYS_B_38", :"SYS_B_39", :"SYS_B_40", :"SYS_B_41", :"SYS_B_42", :"SYS_B_43", :"SYS_B_44", :"SYS_B_45",
:"SYS_B_46", :"SYS_B_47", DECODE (t.data_precision, null, t.data_length, t.data_precision)) as column_size,
t.data_scale AS decimal_digits,
t.CHAR_LENGTH AS char_length,
DECODE (t.nullable, :"SYS_B_48", :"SYS_B_49", :"SYS_B_50") AS nullable,
t.column_id AS ordinal_position,
t.owner AS schema_owner
, :"SYS_B_51" as table_type FROM all_tab_columns t,
all_views u
WHERE u.view_name = t.table_name
AND u.owner = t.owner
AND ( t.owner = :"SYS_B_52" OR t.owner = :"SYS_B_53" )
AND t.table_name NOT LIKE(:"SYS_B_54")
AND t.table_name NOT LIKE(:"SYS_B_55")
AND t.table_name NOT LIKE(:"SYS_B_56")
AND t.table_name NOT LIKE(:"SYS_B_57")
AND t.table_name NOT LIKE(:"SYS_B_58")
AND t.table_name NOT LIKE(:"SYS_B_59")
AND t.table_name NOT LIKE(:"SYS_B_60")
AND t.table_name != :"SYS_B_61"
AND t.table_name NOT LIKE(:"SYS_B_62")
AND t.table_name != :"SYS_B_63"
ORDER BY schema_owner, table_name, ordinal_position
SELECT p.table_name as pktable_name,
pc.column_name as pkcolumn_name,
t.table_name as fktable_name,
fc.column_name as fkcolumn_name,
fc.position as key_seq,
t.constraint_name as fk_name,
p.constraint_name as pk_name,
t.owner as fk_owner,
p.owner as pk_owner
FROM all_cons_columns pc,
all_constraints p,
all_cons_columns fc,
all_constraints t
WHERE t.constraint_type = :"SYS_B_00"
AND p.owner = t.r_owner
AND p.constraint_name = t.r_constraint_name
AND p.constraint_type = :"SYS_B_01"
AND pc.owner = p.owner
AND pc.constraint_name = p.constraint_name
AND pc.table_name = p.table_name
AND fc.owner = t.owner
AND fc.constraint_name = t.constraint_name
AND fc.table_name = t.table_name
AND fc.position = pc.position
AND ( t.owner = :"SYS_B_02" OR t.owner = :"SYS_B_03" )
AND t.table_name NOT LIKE(:"SYS_B_04")
AND t.table_name NOT LIKE(:"SYS_B_05")
AND t.table_name NOT LIKE(:"SYS_B_06")
AND t.table_name NOT LIKE(:"SYS_B_07")
AND t.table_name NOT LIKE(:"SYS_B_08")
AND t.table_name NOT LIKE(:"SYS_B_09")
AND t.table_name NOT LIKE(:"SYS_B_10")
AND t.table_name != :"SYS_B_11"
AND t.table_name NOT LIKE(:"SYS_B_12")
AND t.table_name != :"SYS_B_13"
ORDER BY fk_owner, fktable_name, fk_name,key_seq
select t.table_name,
c.column_name,
t.index_name,
decode (t.uniqueness, :"SYS_B_00", :"SYS_B_01", :"SYS_B_02") as NON_UNIQUE,
:"SYS_B_03" as type,
c.column_position as ordinal_position,
t.owner,
t.ityp_name, t.ityp_owner
from all_indexes t,
all_ind_columns c
where t.index_name = c.index_name
AND t.table_name = c.table_name
AND t.owner = c.index_owner
AND ( t.owner = :"SYS_B_04" OR t.owner = :"SYS_B_05" )
AND t.table_name NOT LIKE(:"SYS_B_06")
AND t.table_name NOT LIKE(:"SYS_B_07")
AND t.table_name NOT LIKE(:"SYS_B_08")
AND t.table_name NOT LIKE(:"SYS_B_09")
AND t.table_name NOT LIKE(:"SYS_B_10")
AND t.table_name NOT LIKE(:"SYS_B_11")
AND t.table_name NOT LIKE(:"SYS_B_12")
AND t.table_name != :"SYS_B_13"
AND t.table_name NOT LIKE(:"SYS_B_14")
AND t.table_name != :"SYS_B_15"
order by t.owner, t.table_name, t.index_name, ordinal_position
SELECT a.OWNER,a.OBJECT_NAME,p.PROCEDURE_NAME FROM SYS.ALL_OBJECTS a, SYS.ALL_PROCEDURES p WHERE a.OBJECT_NAME = p.OBJECT_NAME AND a.OBJECT_TYPE = :"SYS_B_0" AND p.PROCEDURE_NAME IS NOT NULL AND ( a.OWNER = :"SYS_B_1" OR a.OWNER = :"SYS_B_2" )
    SELECT t.OWNER AS OWNER, t.PACKAGE_NAME AS PACKAGE_NAME, t.OBJECT_NAME AS OBJECT_NAME, t.ARGUMENT_NAME AS ARGUMENT_NAME, t.POSITION AS POSITION, t.SEQUENCE AS SEQUENCE, t.DEFAULT_VALUE AS DEFAULT_VALUE, t.DEFAULT_LENGTH AS DEFAULT_LENGTH, t.IN_OUT AS IN_OUT, t.DATA_LENGTH AS DATA_LENGTH, t.DATA_PRECISION AS DATA_PRECISION, t.DATA_SCALE AS DATA_SCALE, t.DATA_TYPE AS SQL_TYPE, t.RADIX AS RADIX, t.DATA_TYPE FROM ALL_ARGUMENTS t WHERE :"SYS_B_0"=:"SYS_B_1" AND ( t.OWNER = :"SYS_B_2" OR t.OWNER = :"SYS_B_3" )
ORDER BY OWNER, PACKAGE_NAME, OBJECT_NAME, SEQUENCE
Alan
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 15 Mar 2012, 03:50 PM
Attahced are screenshots from the 2 machines.  1 that is the machine that hangs, with 2012 Q1, and the other is the one that now works with 2011 Q3.  This is using the same credentials to the same database.  Notice that using 2012 Q1 shows more schemas than 2011 Q3.

PetarP
Telerik team
answered on 16 Mar 2012, 04:35 PM
Hi Alan,

We had some problems with the oracle support with our Q1 release indeed. We have fixed all known issues with the service pack. Can you please downloads the SP1 for Q1 2012 and give it a try. I believe everything will work out as expected.
We are looking forward to your reply.

All the best,
Petar
the Telerik team
Telerik OpenAccess ORM Q1 2012 release is here! Check out what's new or download a free trial >>
Alan
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 16 Mar 2012, 04:40 PM
I have already tried both 2012 Q1 and 2012 Q1 SP1, same results.  This same problem is occurring when trying to connect to SQL 2008.  So I have resigned myself to go back to using 2011 Q3 until a solution is found.
Alan
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 16 Mar 2012, 04:42 PM
As a matter of fact, on the second machine I tried it on, I went straight from 2011 Q3 to 2012 Q1 SP1. 
PetarP
Telerik team
answered on 21 Mar 2012, 01:30 PM
Hi Alan,

This is not something that we have been able to reproduce nor that has been reported by any other customer so far. Can you please share with us how big your model is? Does this happen on initial import from the database or does it happen only when running the update from database wizard? 

Can you also please make sure that there are no old assemblies left over your old installations that are preventing the newest version installed to work properly.

Regards,
Petar
the Telerik team
Alan
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 21 Mar 2012, 07:34 PM
Can you please share with us how big your model is?
I have tried creating data models for an Oracle database with roughly 200 tables,  100 views, 100's of stored procedures, functions and packages.   I have also tried updating a previously created model from this same database.
I have tried creating data models from SQL that are very basic with a couple of tables, nothing else.

Does this happen on initial import from the database or does it happen only when running the update from database wizard?

Both for Oracle.   I never had a model created from SQL, so I can verify that the initial import from the database does not work.

Can you also please make sure that there are no old assemblies left over your old installations that are preventing the newest version installed to work properly.
I can try manually uninstalling Open Access first, instead of letting the 2012 Q1 SP1 install do that for me.  Other than "C:\Program Files\Telerik\OpenAccess ORM\bin", where else should I check for old assemblies before installing the latest version?

Thank you!
Alan

David
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 22 Mar 2012, 07:16 AM
Hi Peter, 

I reported the same issue 2 days ago! I also get the following error message "Unable to retrieve the database schema information. Reason: getPlainName failed" as you can see in the screen grab attached. 

The ticket number 524619 has more detail. Ralph is insistent that it's an issue with reading the SYS schema, presumably fixed in the last release, but that is very unlikely in my situation. I have wasted 2 days on this issue that should not be happening. All my DLL's are using the current 2012.1.301.2 release. Like Alan, I'm also getting many more schema's displaying before the erorr message shows. I get the error on all models, new, old and any that have been previously working without any problems.

I'm going to have to rollback to 2011 Q3 release as 2012 Q1 SP1(2012.1.301.2) is not working!

David
Farkas
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 23 Mar 2012, 05:16 PM
Hi,

I installed the latest version: RadControls_for_Silverlight5_2012_1_0215_Dev.msi and I would like to use the DesignToolBox, which using the Telerik.Windows.Diagrams.Features namespace.
I have the Telerik.Windows.Diagrams.Core, but how can I download the Features.dll?

Many thanks,
L
PetarP
Telerik team
answered on 26 Mar 2012, 04:42 PM
Hello Alan,

Is it possible that you are retrieving the SYS schema when you are importing your model? Indeed a bug has been found there that has been fixed and will be available with our next internal build.

@Farkas In order for your question to be answered faster and in more detailed manner I would suggest that you post in the XAML forum. 

Greetings,
Petar
the Telerik team
Soham
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 11 Nov 2012, 09:46 PM
Hi Guys,

I have posted a solution here,

http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/orm/development/id2-issue-orm.aspx

Thanks,

Soham Gupta
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by