This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Upgrade to 2009 Q3 question

4 Answers 91 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
dlewis
Top achievements
Rank 1
dlewis asked on 13 Nov 2009, 07:05 PM
I couldn't find any documentation for upgrading to 2009 Q3.  Do I need to uninstall the previous version first, as I only need the current release?    Are there any gotchas in doing this?  I just want to make absolutely sure before potentially wasting my dev environment

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Schlurk
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 13 Nov 2009, 08:46 PM
The easiest thing for me when I've upgraded between the different major releases is to simply uninstall the controls and then install the new ones. What I tend to do is download the assemblies of the older ones in case some sort of issue occurs after the upgrade due to new features etc.
dlewis
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 14 Nov 2009, 04:45 PM
Thanks,  it all went well.  I  love this product!
ClarkSRoberts
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 15 Nov 2009, 03:39 AM
I have been trying to get the latest version installed for over 3 hours. I have uninstalled all previous versions, run the .msi installer. CHecked the GAC for file (which are there) and none of my controls render. I have updated my web.config to reflect the Q3 2009 version as well.

The Telerik Menu in VS 2008 does not contain all of the menu items allowing me to configure as it did when I installed Q2. It only shows menu items for adding Rad templates.
plamen
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 16 Nov 2009, 01:15 PM
Hi,

From the "Project" menu, select "RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX" and then select  "Convert to Telerik Web Application" (See attached)

Check this blog post for details.

Let me know  if you have other questions or problems
<John:Peel />
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
dlewis
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Schlurk
Top achievements