This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Upgrade Silverlight 5 Tools for VS2010

1 Answer 181 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Dirk
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Dirk asked on 01 Nov 2012, 11:38 PM
Hello,
because Telerik doesn't support Silverlight 4 anymoe in the current update Q3 I'm trying to switch to SL5.
But I've still problems to install the the Mircosoft Silverlight5_Tools to upgrade VS2010 to SL5.

I know this is more a MS VS2010 problem, but maybe here are more SL5 developer which also had a problem to switch to SL5.

The installation (Win7/64 bit German OS, english VS) is always failing if the part of Microsoft Silverlight 5 Update for Visual Studio 2010 SP1 (VS10SP1-KB2615527.exe) is beeing installed.

I tried to install this file (VS10SP1-KB2615527.msp) manually with administrator privilages, but than I get an error 2330.

Btw.: If I try to find solutions in the web I get links to the
forums.silverlight.net
forum, but all links are brocken. ;-(

Any ideas anybody?

Thanks
Dirk

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Владислав
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 08 Nov 2012, 05:34 PM
Yes, when it is necessary to deliver Silverlight 5, it is necessary to set at first SP1.
at me was so:
1. I start to put SP1. - installation isn't successful;
2. I reboot and launch installation again. There is a message: on a disk there is enough memory (in case of the first installation - such message wasn't. the computer) simply hung up.
3. I delete a part not the necessary files on a disk and I launch SP1 installation again. Everything passes successfully.
4. Then I put Silverlight 5

Good luck
Vlad

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Dirk
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Answers by
Владислав