This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Upgrade from Version 2011.2.915.40 to 2012.3.1308.40

7 Answers 221 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Bilal
Top achievements
Rank 1
Bilal asked on 29 Jan 2013, 03:12 PM
I'm getting this run time error:

Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2011.2.915.40, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

Can you give an update tutorial and help me solve the above problem. I can't find references to the old assembly in my project or in the GAC.

Thanks in advance.

7 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Kate
Telerik team
answered on 29 Jan 2013, 04:49 PM
Hello Bilal,

Please take a look at the following forum post where you can find more information related to the issue that you get - Finding assembly.

All the best,
Kate
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Bilal
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 30 Jan 2013, 08:49 AM
I have updated the references but I'm still getting the same error :-( do you have more suggestions?

Update:
I found out that I reference third party assembly that has a dependency on Version 2011.2.915.40.

Thanks for the help.
Kate
Telerik team
answered on 30 Jan 2013, 09:22 AM
Hi Bilal,

Another suggestion that you can try out is to use a web.config file where the version of the Telerik controls is not explicitly specified. Attached to this post you can find such example.

Regards,
Kate
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Melinda
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 18 Jul 2013, 02:14 PM
I had the same error when upgrading to 6.1 version. I'm very worried about the resolution to the problems being update the webconfig to point to a different version. It seems like that will just end up causing more frustration in the long run with future upgrades. Has anyone found another solution to this issue?

Thanks.
Kate
Telerik team
answered on 19 Jul 2013, 02:53 PM
Hi Melinda,

Can you please clarify the two versions of the RadControls that you are using since we do not have a 6.1 version of the RadControls? Meanwhile I can suggest that you refer to the following forum post where you can find more information on upgrading to a different version of the RadControls - Upgrade the Version of Your Telerik ASP.NET Controls in 6 Easy Steps

Regards,
Kate
Telerik
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to the blog feed now.
Jamil
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 28 Mar 2014, 12:15 AM
 I'm getting this run time error:

Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2014.1.225.35,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4' or one of its
dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match
the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

Can you give an update tutorial and help me solve the above problem. I
can't find references to the old assembly in my project or in the GAC.

Thanks in advance.
Kate
Telerik team
answered on 01 Apr 2014, 02:48 PM
Hello Jamil,

The exception that you are getting indicates that somewhere in your project you are referencing an old version of the Telerik control as well. Did you try out the suggestions in the previous posts? If you have and you still experience the issue I would suggest that you open a support ticket where you can attach your sample project so we can inspect it thoroughly from our side and assist you in the most efficient way in resolving the issue  that you are currently getting.

Regards,
Kate
Telerik

Build cross-platform mobile apps using Visual Studio and .NET. Register for the online webinar on 03/27/2014, 11:00AM US ET.. Seats are limited.

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Bilal
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Kate
Telerik team
Bilal
Top achievements
Rank 1