This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Upgrade from OpenAccess to Data Access for Visual Studio 2017

0 Answers 236 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Joseph S.
Top achievements
Rank 1
Joseph S. asked on 20 Jun 2017, 11:09 PM

Hello,

I’m using “Telerik OpenAccess ORM 2010.2.714.1” (“Classic”) in the data layer (a VB.NET class library) of a web application developed with Visual Studio 2008 SP1 and Microsoft .NET 3.5.
All the configuration and mappings data of OpenAccess are stored in the App.config file of the data layer class library. The DB is SQL Server 2005.

Now I need to upgrade the application to Visual Studio 2017 and Microsoft .NET 4.5.2.
I know that Data Access has been discontinued and that the best solution is to use another ORM like Microsoft Entity Framework, but now I don’t have the time to switch to Microsoft Entity Framework because the application is very large.

So I need a solution to upgrade in a fast way from OpenAcces to a Data Access version compatible with Visual Studio 2017 and Microsoft .NET 4.5.2 without  (or small) modifications of the current source code,  classes definitions (<Telerik.OpenAccess.Persistent()> <Serializable()> Public Class) and DB schema. With Visual Studio 2017 I have installed the last version of Data Access NuGet Packages in the data layer class library and the reference to the new DLLs have been automatically updated, but there are many compilation errors. What are the right steps to upgrade the OpenAccess version in a fast way?

Please can anyone help me?

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Joseph S.
Top achievements
Rank 1
Share this question
or