This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Upgrade ?

3 Answers 49 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Thomas
Top achievements
Rank 1
Thomas asked on 27 Dec 2011, 05:18 PM
Hello,

I've just upgraded from 2011 Q3 to 2011 Q3 SP1.
I've removed the 2011 Q3 reference from my project and added all the 2011 Q3 SP1 references instead : 2011.3.11.1219

Since then I get these warnings :

Warning    3    Found conflicts between different versions of the same dependent assembly.    MktgSI

Warning    2    Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "RadControlSpy, Version=2011.3.11.1116, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5bb2a467cbec794e". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors.    MktgSI

Warning    1    Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "QuickStart, Version=2011.3.11.1116, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5bb2a467cbec794e, processorArchitecture=MSIL". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors.    MktgSI

How do I solve this ?

Thank you for your help.

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Thomas
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 27 Dec 2011, 05:19 PM
I've closed and re-open the projet, now I get these warning and not the previous ones:
Warning    2    The referenced component 'RadControlSpy' could not be found.     
Warning    1    The referenced component 'QuickStart' could not be found.     

How do I solve this ?

Thank you
Thomas
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 27 Dec 2011, 05:20 PM
I have simple removed the corresponding references.

What was their purpose ?
Stefan
Telerik team
answered on 30 Dec 2011, 03:51 PM
Hello Thomas,

Thank you for writing.

The best approach during upgrade is to uninstall all previously installed versions of RadControls for WinForms from your machine and then install just the latest one. Then, just remove all your project references and add references to the new assemblies.

The assemblies that you are asking about generally are not used in users project. The RadControlSpy is a tool which allow developers to observe the elements structure and properties and the QuickStart assembly contains the code for our demo application.

I hope that you find this information useful. Should you have any other questions, do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards,
Stefan
the Telerik teamQ3’11 of RadControls for WinForms is available for download (see what's new). Get it today.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Thomas
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Thomas
Top achievements
Rank 1
Stefan
Telerik team