This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Update to 2015 Q1 can't find JustDecompile.msi for 2014 Q3

7 Answers 106 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Pete
Top achievements
Rank 1
Pete asked on 09 Mar 2015, 09:20 AM
Started JustDecompile today and it informed me of a new update which I downloaded through the JD dialog (as I've done with previous updates). This time when it continued to install the update I was asked for the location of the 2014 Q3 version of JustDecompile.msi which I don't have and can't find where to download from on the Telerik site.

Surely if an update/uninstall requires the particular old msi file, it should be available to download?

7 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Alexander
Telerik team
answered on 11 Mar 2015, 12:42 PM
Hi Pete,

This happens when some of JustDecompile's files are modified. The solution in this case is to uninstall JustDecompile from Program and Features and then install the new version downloaded from our website.

Regards,
Alexander
Telerik
Pete
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 11 Mar 2015, 02:04 PM
I've tried to uninstall it but it needs the 2014 Q3 version of the JustDecompile.msi installer which I don't have and can't find online.
Alexander
Telerik team
answered on 11 Mar 2015, 05:17 PM
Hello Pete,

You will find an archive, containing the .msi you are looking for, attached to this post. Also, if it doesn't work out this way you can try using Windows Installer CleanUp Utility.

Regards,
Alexander
Telerik
Pete
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 12 Mar 2015, 10:15 AM
Thanks Alexander but I still get an error:
Pete
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 12 Mar 2015, 10:27 AM
Sorry, I pasted a screen shot into the post which displayed okay before I hit the "Post this reply" button. Now attached as a file.
Accepted
Alexander
Telerik team
answered on 13 Mar 2015, 12:49 PM
Hello Pete,

Did you try using the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility? Actually this tool from Microsoft. seems to be it's successor in a way so you might want to try that one first.

Regards,
Alexander
Telerik
Pete
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 16 Mar 2015, 09:42 AM
I wanted to try the clean uninstall before resorting to a "fix" to mark the product as removed (as opposed to actually removing it). Anyway, I've used the Microsoft FixIt to remove it and that has allowed me to install the new version.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Pete
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Alexander
Telerik team
Pete
Top achievements
Rank 1