This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

unknown error code 918 during install from Google Play

3 Answers 50 Views
Android Devices
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Alen
Top achievements
Rank 2
Alen asked on 12 May 2014, 01:28 PM
Hello. I've had the "Before I Eat" app (built with AppBuilder) in the Google Play store since Dec 2013 and occasionally I've received reports that people are getting an "unknown error code 918" on their Android devices when trying to install the app after purchasing . Most of the time I direct them to use these instructions (https://support.google.com/googleplay/troubleshooter/4592924) which includes clearing the Google Play cache but I've heard some users report that the issue continues.

I don't think the issue affects a large percentage of users since it's been downloaded and installed by a relatively large number but now I received a 1 star review because of this error. I can't get any useful details from users who reported the problem and Internet searches have no details on what this error is. I don't see any consistency between Android versions or hardware. I'm just trying to understand what the issue is and if anyone here has seen it before?

I'm still very new at coding and releasing apps so I apologize if the questions sounds so naive or does not belong here.

thanks!

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Kaloyan
Telerik team
answered on 15 May 2014, 07:45 AM
Hello PA,

I found this stackoverflow article. In it, you will see some good tips about preventing a similar installation error. I checked your app and it also seems rather big (just as the one in the above article), so please check if applying any or all of the described will have effect.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Kaloyan
Telerik

Share what you think about AppBuilder and Telerik Platform with us in our feedback portal, so we can become even better!

Alen
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 15 May 2014, 10:39 AM
Thanks! I found this same article the other day and have updated my app and have it with some testers. Squeezing down the pngs was a great suggestion. Will release to Google Play soon. No issues so far -- fingers crossed!
Kaloyan
Telerik team
answered on 15 May 2014, 10:43 AM
Hi again PA,

Great to hear that!

Please, let us know of the results, as there might be other developers struggling with this :).

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Kaloyan
Telerik

Share what you think about AppBuilder and Telerik Platform with us in our feedback portal, so we can become even better!

Tags
Android Devices
Asked by
Alen
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Kaloyan
Telerik team
Alen
Top achievements
Rank 2