This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Unhandled exception

3 Answers 49 Views
BusyIndicator
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Giammarco
Top achievements
Rank 1
Giammarco asked on 28 Nov 2013, 08:04 PM
Hi,
During the development of an App that includes both manual and speech interaction, I have encountered an error raising an Unhandled Exception. This is the stack trace:

at MS.Internal.XcpImports.CheckHResult(UInt32 hr)
   at MS.Internal.XcpImports.FrameworkElement_MeasureOverride(FrameworkElement element, Size availableSize)
   at System.Windows.FrameworkElement.MeasureOverride(Size availableSize)
   at System.Windows.FrameworkElement.MeasureOverride(IntPtr nativeTarget, Double inWidth, Double inHeight, Double& outWidth, Double& outHeight)

After some investigation I found that the error is caused by the RadBusyIndicator, but only when some conditions are met.
Mainly the exception is raised after navigating from a page to another, but only if some speech interaction has happened. For example, if navigating to a page occurs after a button click, everything goes ok, but if navigating occurs after speech recognition then the exception is raised. This strange behaviour happens only with some animations (eg. Animation4).

I include a demo project that show the problem: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4470296/PhoneApp1.zip

best regards,
Giammarco

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Valentin.Stoychev
Telerik team
answered on 03 Dec 2013, 03:12 PM
Hello,

we run your project several times, but could not reproduce this behavior. On what device you are experiencing the issue? Is there anything specific that we should do in order to reproduce it?

Regards, Valentin.Stoychev
Telerik
Have a suggestion or face a problem - you can use the Ideas & Feedback portal to submit ideas, feedback and vote for them.
Giammarco
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 03 Dec 2013, 05:50 PM
Hi,

This is a really strange behavior... As said in the previous post, the issue happens when navigating from a page to another after a voice interaction. I've tried the demo app on a Nokia Lumia 1020 using RDA service and everything works perfectly. On the emulators the issue still happens making the app close instantly. Could it be a problem that only occurs on windows phone emulators?

regards,
Giammarco
Valentin.Stoychev
Telerik team
answered on 05 Dec 2013, 07:23 AM
Hi,

Yes - it is possible - it happens often the emulator and device to behave differently. We tested it on several other devices - Nokia 820 and Nokia 920 and it seems to behave OK.

Regards, Valentin.Stoychev
Telerik
Have a suggestion or face a problem - you can use the Ideas & Feedback portal to submit ideas, feedback and vote for them.
Tags
BusyIndicator
Asked by
Giammarco
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Valentin.Stoychev
Telerik team
Giammarco
Top achievements
Rank 1