I am glad to hear that you have been with us for so long time!
Please find my answers to your questions:
1. It seems there is a Date limitation on the Y axis, could you please verify
. - Generally the RadHtmlChart support only a date axis for its x-axis. See how to configure it in the HtmlChart - Date Axis
online demo and the Date Axis
2. Are the elements on the chart clickable (we need to click on a Line and provide the breakdown of its data). When a line from the corresponding x-axis
item is clicked/hovered this is treated as if the series item itself is clicked/hover. You can attach
to the seriesClick
event of the chart and do the needed break down. You may also find useful the HtmlChart - Drill-down Chart
3. Can we draw a line with (x1,y1) and (x2,y2)
. If you want to draw a line with particular (x,y) points you must use numeric series like scatterline series
4. Are we able to zoom in and out
. Zooming and scrolling is supported only for a datetime data with category series, exposed by the Data Navigation functionality
. A possible workaround to zoom/scroll a regular chart is illustrated in this
5. Is the user able to move the lines and get an event triggered to take action on the server-side
. It is not possible to drag lines. Regarding triggering a server-side event you can attach to the client-side series click/hover event where you can trigger an ajax request and execute the corresponding server-side logic.
6. What other limitations can tell us about
. - Basically we have tried to summarize the limitations in the Migrating Functionalities - Features and Series Types Parity
help article. With small changes to this article that must be done - the listed spline, stacked and stacked100% series as well as the logarithimc axis are supported by the RadHtmlChart now.
7. Where can I find your plans for this control for 2015
- There aren't any public plans for the whole 2015 year. You can, however, examine our RoadMap
which is created for each upcoming Q.
8. If we can solve these issues with the old RadChart, would you support us with it
- Generally the RadChart has already been obsoleted since Q1 2014, and therefore I am afraid we do not support it anymore. More information is available in the RadHtmlChart vs RadChart, round 3 – RadChart is down and it is obsolete
blog post. The control, however, will not be removed from the dll and you can use it if you want. The forum of the RadChart is also open, so if you have questions about it you can feel free to ask the community.
Let me know if there is anything else on this regard.
Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.