This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Unable to run test from command line in Telerik Test Studio 2011.1

11 Answers 389 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
mandar
Top achievements
Rank 1
mandar asked on 26 Sep 2011, 10:11 AM
Hello,

Currently I am using "Telerik Test Studio 2011.1" evaluation version.
I am unable to run the test from command line. As per earlier threads on the forum, it's adviced to run the .aii file, where as .aii file format is not present in the 2011.1 version (may be I am missing).

I have tried to run the .test file, still it's not working. Please let me know the workaround.

Awaiting for your soonest reply.

Regards,
Mandar.

11 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Plamen
Telerik team
answered on 26 Sep 2011, 11:25 AM
Hello Mandar,

In the 2011.1 release the test file extension changed from .aii to .tstest. So you have to run the .tstest file located in your project folder.

From the command line the tests can be executed using two basic methods. Using Microsoft's MSTest which comes with Visual Studio or using ArtOfTest.Runner.exe which comes with Test Studio and it's our own build-in execution engine. Please check out this documentation section, explaining in details how to use those two methods to run your tests from the command line.

If you continue to have difficulties running your tests, please let me know!

Greetings,
Plamen
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Jonathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 30 Nov 2011, 09:54 PM
Hi, I am also trying to run a sample test via the ArtOfTest.Runner, but I continue to get the following error:

ExecuteTest: Unable to load the project the test execution depends on! Please make sure the root path argument is correct or pass the p
ument if missing.

I have looked up both online and within the forums, but have been unable to find any solution.
Plamen
Telerik team
answered on 06 Dec 2011, 09:41 AM
Hello Jonathan,

I'm sorry you are running into this problem.

If you haven't done so already, please read our online documentation about ArtOfTest.Runner, follow the steps described there and you should be able to run you tests.

I'm demonstrating how to run a simple test with ArtOfTest.Runner in the following video:
http://screencast.com/t/jTdAeaa6ue2n

Please try it, and let me know if you need further assistance on this!

Regards,
Plamen
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Jonathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 06 Dec 2011, 02:28 PM
Thanks Plamen, I actually referenced the documentation which pertains to ArtOfTest.Runner.exe, but was unable to find any pertinent information dealing with my problem.

After further investigation and a little trial and error, it seems that when running a test via command line, I needed to add the project root path argument for it to run.  Test lists were able to run fine without any other headaches.
Plamen
Telerik team
answered on 06 Dec 2011, 02:44 PM
Hi Jonathan,

I'm glad to hear you've managed to run your Test Lists via ArtOfTest.Runner. If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to contact us again. 

Greetings,
Plamen
the Telerik team
Franklin
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 26 Mar 2013, 01:27 AM
Hello, 

I am having the same problem and I need to add the project root path argument for the test to run. So in my command prompt I have the following,

1 - C:\Program Files (x86)\Telerik\Test Studio\Bin>ArtOfTest.Runner.exe
2 - list="C:\Users\FR100750\Documents\Test Studio DITR\TelerikFunctionalTestSuite\FrontBumper.aiilist"

In line 1 I have the path to the ArtOfTestRunner
In Line 2 I have the actual file path of the test list I want to run. 

I get an error message ' Unable to load the project. . . '. I have attached a screenshot. So now I am unsure how to get this test to run successfully. I tried adding root="line2" before and after line 2 but it has not worked. How can I get around this error? Thank you in advance. 

Frank
Plamen
Telerik team
answered on 26 Mar 2013, 03:45 PM
Hello Frank,

The 'root' folder is the Project folder where the 'Settings.aiis' file is located. If you are executing your test lists from their default location, which is the TestLists folder located in your Project folder, Test Studio automatically uses the Project folder as a 'root' folder. However if your test lists are not in the TestLists folder you need to specify the path to the Project root folder using the 'root' argument in Command Prompt. Please see this video for more information.

All the best,
Plamen
the Telerik team
Quickly become an expert in Test Studio, check out our new training sessions!
Test Studio Trainings
Kopuri
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 21 Mar 2014, 10:49 AM
Can some one tell me, what are setting to be modified to run the test script from command prompt, if we are running into 'Unable to load the project....' error...
Velin Koychev
Telerik team
answered on 26 Mar 2014, 11:37 AM
Hello Kopuri,

I am sorry to hear that  you are experiencing this issue.

Do you receive the same error message as Franklin? If you do, did you try the suggestions that my colleague, Plamen, gave in his last post?

Jing video demonstrating the issue may also help us to better understand what is happening.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
Velin Koychev
Telerik

The New Release of Telerik Test Studio Is Here! Download, install,
and send us your feedback!
Nitish
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 14 Feb 2017, 09:34 AM

Hi,I have created telerik test studio project & created some load tests under it.I want to execute them using

ArtOfTest.Runner.exe,but unable to do so.

Getting Error:Unexpected error loading test.

Nikolai
Telerik team
answered on 15 Feb 2017, 08:26 AM
Hello Nitish,

Load tests require complicated configuration before a run - counters, virtual users, ramp up times, dynamic targets, etc.. Because of that we don't support execution of load tests from AOT.Runner.exe. What you will need to use is Test Studio's user interface to trigger a load run and examine the result data.

Thank you for your understanding! 

Regards,
Nikolai
Telerik by Progress

The New Release of Telerik Test Studio Is Here! Download, install,
and send us your feedback!
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
mandar
Top achievements
Rank 1