This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Unable to Install RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX Q1 2010

5 Answers 110 Views
Installer and VS Extensions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Ratnesh
Top achievements
Rank 1
Ratnesh asked on 22 Dec 2010, 08:26 AM
Hi

I am using windows 7 32 bit.

I am unable to install RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX Q1 2010.

Telerik RadControls Setup Wizard ended prematurely because of an error...." (see attached screen shot)
Please do the needful at the earliest.

Regards

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Erjan Gavalji
Telerik team
answered on 22 Dec 2010, 08:46 AM
Hi Ratnesh,

Can you run the installer with logging enabled and send us the log so that we can check the reason for the installation error? Here are the details for that:

• Open a command prompt;
  • Navigate to the folder, where the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX installer is located;
  • Run the following command:
    msiexec /i [RadControlsInstallation.msiFileName] /limev Telerik.Web.UI.Install.log

By the way, you might find the Installation Troubleshooting article useful too.

As a side note, I noticed you're attempting to install the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX Q1 2010 package. The latest version is Q3 2010 SP1. I suggest you'd give the latest version a try instead for it has a lot of new additions and fixes.

Kind regards,
Erjan Gavalji
the Telerik team
Browse the vast support resources we have to jump start your development with RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX. See how to integrate our AJAX controls seamlessly in SharePoint 2007/2010 visiting our common SharePoint portal.
Ratnesh
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 22 Dec 2010, 08:52 AM
Unable to attch log file. It says  File is not of correct type. Try again.
Erjan Gavalji
Telerik team
answered on 22 Dec 2010, 08:58 AM
Hi Ratnesh,

Sorry for the omission. Please, open a formal support ticket to be able to send us a compressed ZIP with the log. A support ticket is better in terms of preserving sensitive information.

Kind regards,
Erjan Gavalji
the Telerik team
Browse the vast support resources we have to jump start your development with RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX. See how to integrate our AJAX controls seamlessly in SharePoint 2007/2010 visiting our common SharePoint portal.
Andreas
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 14 Jan 2011, 07:18 PM
I had the same problem. The I realised that I hadn't enough disk space. After freeing some space it worked without a problem.
Maybe the installer should check for enought disk space before installation?
Erjan Gavalji
Telerik team
answered on 17 Jan 2011, 05:06 PM
Hi Andreas,

Thanks for the update!
Though the installers perform a check for disk space, these are not considering the actual file size needed. Keeping the long story short, I'm logging this to our backlog and I hope we will be able to implement a decent disk space check in one of the next official releases of RadControls.

Kind regards,
Erjan Gavalji
the Telerik team
Tags
Installer and VS Extensions
Asked by
Ratnesh
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Erjan Gavalji
Telerik team
Ratnesh
Top achievements
Rank 1