Unable to cast object of type 'System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingProfileServiceSection'

11 posts, 0 answers
  1. Stephen
    Stephen avatar
    38 posts
    Member since:
    Mar 2008

    Posted 05 Dec 2008 Link to this post

    Unable to cast object of type 'System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingProfileServiceSection' to type 'System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingProfileServiceSection'


    After upgrading from Q2 to Q3 following the instructions on the website (basically removing the version component from the telerik controls in the web.config and dropping the new DLLs in my bin directory I get this error message. I'm really hoping the upgrade will resolve my dialog problem (dialogs fail which is not surprising since I'm taking 404s on my calls into Dialoghandler.aspx and i"m hoping hte new DialogHandler.axd will work better).

    Any clues to help me move forward on this?
  2. Georgi Tunev
    Admin
    Georgi Tunev avatar
    7207 posts

    Posted 08 Dec 2008 Link to this post

    Hi Stephen,

    Try restarting your Visual Studio first. Often when upgrading, VS keeps a cached older version, that could cause such problem.
    If the problem still persists, please open a support ticket and send us your application so we can check it - we will do our best to help.


    All the best,
    Georgi Tunev
    the Telerik team

    Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
  3. UI for ASP.NET Ajax is Ready for VS 2017
  4. Stephen
    Stephen avatar
    38 posts
    Member since:
    Mar 2008

    Posted 19 Dec 2008 Link to this post

    This is sort of strange but I "think" that the cause of the problem was this line
    <configuration xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/.NetConfiguration/v2.0">
    in my web.config. Once I removed the xmlns attribute it helped. Now I can't be positive because I changed a bunch of stuff but I went back and undid a lot and I think this is what was giving me a problem. Don't have time to go and try it again but I thoght I'd put this out here in case anyone else gets this problem and can't fix it.



  5. Lukas
    Lukas avatar
    42 posts
    Member since:
    Feb 2009

    Posted 05 May 2009 Link to this post

    I can approve this.

    I had the same issue with 'System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingProfileServiceSection'

    After I deleted ' xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/.NetConfiguration/v2.0" 'from '<configuration xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/.NetConfiguration/v2.0">' in my web.config, my applications runs fine again and I haven't found any problems so far.

  6. Fiko
    Admin
    Fiko avatar
    1406 posts

    Posted 06 May 2009 Link to this post

    Hello Stephen,

    Could you please also check what is the exact version of the Telerik.Web.UI.dll file (for the .NET Framework (2.0 or 3.5)) that is present in your project?

    Best wishes,
    Fiko
    the Telerik team

    Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
    Check out the tips for optimizing your support resource searches. Send for approval
  7. Kyle
    Kyle avatar
    2 posts
    Member since:
    Apr 2009

    Posted 08 May 2009 Link to this post

    Im experiencing the same issue however I do not have the 'xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/.NetConfiguration/v2.0"' in my config to remove and make the magic happen.

    Please advise.

    Thanks
    Kyle
  8. Kyle
    Kyle avatar
    2 posts
    Member since:
    Apr 2009

    Posted 08 May 2009 Link to this post

    After looking at the 3.5 config sample included in the RadControlsExample solution, I noticed that my project(MVC) did not contain the following config section. To be honest, I've never even seen this used in my 7+ of .Net development...learn something everyday.

    </system.web>
    <runtime>
    <assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1">
    <dependentAssembly>
    <assemblyIdentity name="System.Web.Extensions" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" />
    <bindingRedirect oldVersion="1.0.0.0-1.1.0.0" newVersion="3.5.0.0" />
    </dependentAssembly>
    <dependentAssembly>
    <assemblyIdentity name="System.Web.Extensions.Design" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" />
    <bindingRedirect oldVersion="1.0.0.0-1.1.0.0" newVersion="3.5.0.0" />
    </dependentAssembly>
    </assemblyBinding>
    </runtime>
  9. Johannes H
    Johannes H avatar
    15 posts
    Member since:
    Jul 2012

    Posted 08 Jul 2009 Link to this post

    Update:

    I deleted my work and started with a new clean try - success!

    Kind Regards,

    Johannes

    old problem:

    Same problem here, tried to update the solution to Q2 2009 release.

    Getting the:

    System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingProfileServiceSection


    error!


  10. Sebastian
    Admin
    Sebastian avatar
    9934 posts

    Posted 22 Jan 2010 Link to this post

    Hello guys,

    I think that the information provided in this thread in the ASP.NET forums will help you address the exception in question.

    Best regards,
    Sebastian
    the Telerik team

    Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
    Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
  11. Bruce Matichuk
    Bruce Matichuk avatar
    1 posts
    Member since:
    Mar 2010

    Posted 02 Mar 2010 Link to this post

    I also had the same issue and removing xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/.NetConfiguration/v2.0" from the <configuration xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/.NetConfiguration/v2.0"> tag solved the problem for me as well.

    Thanks for posting your fix!

  12. David Berman
    David Berman avatar
    8 posts
    Member since:
    Oct 2007

    Posted 02 Sep 2010 Link to this post

    This worked for me too, thank you.  I'm developing on Vista 64 bit with IIS.

    D.
Back to Top
UI for ASP.NET Ajax is Ready for VS 2017