typescript duplicate identifier build errors after updating to VS 2015 update 3

5 posts, 0 answers
  1. James
    James avatar
    12 posts

Posted 11 Jul Link to this post

hi,

i updated my VS 2015 with update 3 and now i cannot build my project that uses Kendo MVC Grid, v2015.1.429.340.

i am getting a huge number of errors like these:

KendoUIMVC\typescript\kendo.all.d.ts(245,9): error TS2300: Build:Duplicate identifier 'paramName'.
    KendoUIMVC\typescript\kendo.all.d.ts(246,9): error TS2300: Build:Duplicate identifier 'useWithBlock'.
    KendoUIMVC\typescript\kendo.all.d.ts(249,11): error TS2300: Build:Duplicate identifier 'Class'.
    KendoUIMVC\typescript\kendo.all.d.ts(254,11): error TS2300: Build:Duplicate identifier 'Observable'....

how do i fix this?

thanks.

2. Viktor Tachev
    Admin
    Viktor Tachev avatar
    1488 posts

Posted 13 Jul Link to this post

Hello James,

Would you upgrade Kendo UI to the latest release and see if the behavior changes? The current release is 2016.2.607.

Regards,
    Viktor Tachev
    Telerik by Progress
    Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
  3. UI for ASP.NET MVC is VS 2017 Ready
  4. James
    James avatar
    12 posts

Posted 13 Jul in reply to Viktor Tachev Link to this post

just updated to version 2016.2.607.545. still exactly the same problem.

KendoUIMVC\typescript\kendo.all.d.ts(245,9): error TS2300: Build:Duplicate identifier 'paramName'.

KendoUIMVC\typescript\kendo.all.d.ts(246,9): error TS2300: Build:Duplicate identifier 'useWithBlock'.
    KendoUIMVC\typescript\kendo.all.d.ts(249,11): error TS2300: Build:Duplicate identifier 'Class'.
    KendoUIMVC\typescript\kendo.all.d.ts(254,11): error TS2300: Build:Duplicate identifier 'Observable'.
    KendoUIMVC\typescript\kendo.all.d.ts(265,9): error TS2300: Build:Duplicate identifier 'tagName'.

5. James
    James avatar
    12 posts

Posted 13 Jul in reply to James Link to this post

we would actually prefer not to be forced to update the version right now,   can u plz make both versions compatible with typescript 1.0.3.0

also we need this resolved asap, meaning tomorrow.  we need this code to go to production.

thanks.

6. Viktor Tachev
    Admin
    Viktor Tachev avatar
    1488 posts

Posted 15 Jul Link to this post

Hi James,

Please ensure that the definitions are added only once. Also make sure that they are not referenced more than one time.

Regards,
    Viktor Tachev
    Telerik by Progress
    Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
UI for ASP.NET MVC is VS 2017 Ready