Trouble with special character

3 posts, 0 answers
  1. Jean Luc Farnaud
    Jean Luc Farnaud avatar
    2 posts
    Member since:
    Mar 2007

    Posted 03 Apr 2015 Link to this post

    Hi,

    I am using the ClientExportManager to export to Pdf the HTML content of a Div .

    The pdf is generated correctly but the special characters (é,è,€) have been replace ( by Ø,Ł,‹).

    I have tried to to set a different fonts but i get the same result every time.

    The characters are correctly displayed on the page but are changed on the pdf.

    Is there any way to force a set of characters ?

    How can I fix this problem ?

     

    Thanks for your time .

     

  2. Nencho
    Admin
    Nencho avatar
    1457 posts

    Posted 08 Apr 2015 Link to this post

    Hello Jean Luc,

    In order to correctly export the special characters, you should include the needed fonts and add them to the ClientExportManager's PdfSettings.Fonts. In addition, you need to set this font for the html element of the page.

    In the attachment you can find a simple project, demonstrating the above suggested implementation.

    Regards,
    Nencho
    Telerik
     

    See What's Next in App Development. Register for TelerikNEXT.

     
  3. UI for ASP.NET Ajax is Ready for VS 2017
  4. Jean Luc Farnaud
    Jean Luc Farnaud avatar
    2 posts
    Member since:
    Mar 2007

    Posted 08 Apr 2015 in reply to Nencho Link to this post

    Thanks a lot, it fixed it.

    I was not forcing the font on the Html element.

    Regards.

Back to Top