This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

TreeList performance having more than 7000 rows

2 Answers 57 Views
TreeList
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Alok
Top achievements
Rank 2
Alok asked on 31 Oct 2013, 04:39 AM
Hi Team,

I have a data containing more than 7000 rows. When I bind this data to treelist it takes more than 10 minutes to display on screen. So I implemented AllowLoadOnDemand feature. But when I used AllowLoadOnDemand then ExpandAllItems and AllowRecursiveSelection are not working properly.
I am facing below issues.

1. ExpandAllItems is not expanding to all levels.
2. If AllowRecursiveSelection is set to true, header check is not checked even if I click on header checkbox.

Can you please help me on this where I can use below features of TreeList
1. AllowLoadOnDemand = true with checkbox
2. ExpandAllitems
3. AllowRecursiveSelection
4. Improve Rendring of Treelist with more than 7000 rows

Please reply on this ASAP
Alok

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
parobe01
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 31 Oct 2013, 05:03 AM
Hello Admin,

I am facing the same issue, how can we improve the rendering time for the Treelist control with more than 8-10k rows approx.
Could you please suggest a solution ASAP.

Thanks

Maria Ilieva
Telerik team
answered on 04 Nov 2013, 02:33 PM
Hello Alok,

Could you please let me know which version of the control you are using on your end? Note that Since Q2 2013 version of RadControls ExpandAllItem and ExpandToLevel methods are supported with LoadOnDemand. A live example which demonstrates how they work is available here:
http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/treelist/examples/databinding/loadondemand/defaultcs.aspx

Regards,
Maria Ilieva
Telerik
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to the blog feed now.
Tags
TreeList
Asked by
Alok
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
parobe01
Top achievements
Rank 1
Maria Ilieva
Telerik team