This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Trap Focus - 508 Section

1 Answer 62 Views
Window
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Chi Ming
Top achievements
Rank 1
Chi Ming asked on 22 Aug 2013, 05:06 PM
Hi,

I am working on Web Application with 508 compliance. I just added  radconfirm("Are you sure you want to postback?", aspButtonCallbackFn, 330, 180, null"Confir"); in the javascript script. When I just click RadButton that fire up OnClientClicking Event. The focus should be on the window when it opens. Focus should stay within the modal window when I continue tabbing. I am able to tab to other screen elements. The focus should stay within the modal window: OK, Cancel and Close (X) buttons.

The onkeypress handler will catch all key presses within the document. This onkeypress event handler should be within the scope of the dialog box code so that it has access to the first and last tab focusable elements within the dialog

Please help me with that.

Thanks,
Chi Ming 

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
answered on 26 Aug 2013, 10:22 AM
Hi Chi,

We are aware of this case - a RadButton on the page can still get focus even behind a modal RadWindow. We will be looking into this matter. In the meantime you can consider using a regular ASP:Button and a RadFormDecorator to make it look nice.

Regards,
Marin Bratanov
Telerik
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to the blog feed now.
Tags
Window
Asked by
Chi Ming
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
Share this question
or