Trap Focus - 508 Section

2 posts, 0 answers
  1. Chi Ming
    Chi Ming avatar
    13 posts

Posted 22 Aug 2013 Link to this post

Hi,

I am working on Web Application with 508 compliance. I just added  radconfirm("Are you sure you want to postback?", aspButtonCallbackFn, 330, 180, null"Confir"); in the javascript script. When I just click RadButton that fire up OnClientClicking Event. The focus should be on the window when it opens. Focus should stay within the modal window when I continue tabbing. I am able to tab to other screen elements. The focus should stay within the modal window: OK, Cancel and Close (X) buttons.

The onkeypress handler will catch all key presses within the document. This onkeypress event handler should be within the scope of the dialog box code so that it has access to the first and last tab focusable elements within the dialog

Please help me with that.

Thanks,
    Chi Ming 

2. Marin Bratanov
    Admin
    Marin Bratanov avatar
    3596 posts

Posted 26 Aug 2013 Link to this post

Hi Chi,

We are aware of this case - a RadButton on the page can still get focus even behind a modal RadWindow. We will be looking into this matter. In the meantime you can consider using a regular ASP:Button and a RadFormDecorator to make it look nice.

Regards,
    Marin Bratanov
    Telerik
    If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to the blog feed now.
  3. UI for ASP.NET Ajax is Ready for VS 2017