This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Tooltip Width

3 Answers 161 Views
Chart (HTML5)
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
David
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Veteran
David asked on 15 Sep 2017, 06:04 PM

I need to change tooltip width. I found that one way to do it is the following:

.k-chart-tooltip
            {   
                width:500px !important;      
            }

However, that will change tooltip sizes for all charts on the page. Ideally i would like to setup tooltip width from code behind.

Just in case i am providing here my tooltip setup.

Thank you

mySeries.TooltipsAppearance.ClientTemplate = "<div style=""font-size:16px;font-weight:900;"">" & dr("LocationName") & "</div><br/>" &
                         "<table>" &
                         "<tr><td><b>Value in 2015</b></td><td>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;" & SharedFunctions.fFormat(dr("BaseYearCurval")) & " ($M)<br/></td></tr>" &
                         "<tr><td><b>Value in " & TargetYear & "</b></td><td>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;" & SharedFunctions.fFormat(dr("SelectedYearCurval")) & " ($M)<br/></td></tr>" &
                         "<tr><td><b>" & IIf(direction = "import", "Imports", "Exports") & " to " & comparisonName & " (" & TargetYear & ")</b></td><td>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;" & SharedFunctions.fFormat(dr("SelectedYearCountryCurval")) & " ($M)<br/></td></tr>" &
                         "<tr><td><b>Percent Growth " & IIf(direction = "import", "Imports", "Exports") & " to " & comparisonName & " (2015-" & TargetYear & ")</b> </td><td>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;" & SharedFunctions.fFormat(dr("portpctgrowthcurval")) & "<br/></td></tr>" &
                         "<tr><td><b>Percent Ratio Growth in Share of " & IIf(direction = "import", "Imports", "Exports") & " to " & comparisonName & "</b> </td><td>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;" & SharedFunctions.fFormat(dr("portsharecountrycurval")) & "</td></tr>" &
                         "</table>"

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
answered on 20 Sep 2017, 01:26 PM

Hi David,

The tooltips are HTML div elements with position: absolute, so they will take the size of their content. This means that you can define dimensions in the content. Here are two examples, one of how this works in the basic scenario, one with RadHtmlChart based on the provided snippet.

<div style="border: 2px solid red; position: absolute; top: 10px; left: 10px; background: yellow; z-index:2">
        <div style="background: blue; width: 500px;">content</div>
</div>

<telerik:RadHtmlChart runat="server" ID="rhc1" Width="500px" Height="300px">
    <PlotArea>
        <Series>
            <telerik:AreaSeries>
                <TooltipsAppearance>
                    <ClientTemplate>
                         <div style="font-size:16px;font-weight:900; width: 500px;">location name</div><br/>
                         <table style="width: 500px;table-layout:fixed;">
                             <tr><td><b>Value in 2015</b></td><td>      BaseYearCurval ($M)<br/></td></tr>
                             <tr><td><b>Value in " & TargetYear & "</b></td><td>    "SelectedYearCurval ($M)<br/></td></tr>
                             <tr><td><b>Imports to comparisonName  TargetYear </b></td><td>    SelectedYearCountryCurval ($M)<br/></td></tr>
                             <tr><td><b>Percent Growth Imports to  comparisonName  TargetYear</b> </td><td>    portpctgrowthcurval<br/></td></tr>
                             <tr><td><b>Percent Ratio Growth in Share of Imports to comparisonName </b> </td><td>    portsharecountrycurval</td></tr>
                         </table>
                    </ClientTemplate>
                </TooltipsAppearance>
                <SeriesItems>
                    <telerik:CategorySeriesItem Y="1" />
                    <telerik:CategorySeriesItem Y="2" />
                    <telerik:CategorySeriesItem Y="3" />
                    <telerik:CategorySeriesItem Y="4" />
                </SeriesItems>
            </telerik:AreaSeries>
        </Series>
    </PlotArea>
</telerik:RadHtmlChart>

Regards,

Marin Bratanov
Progress Telerik
Try our brand new, jQuery-free Angular 2 components built from ground-up which deliver the business app essential building blocks - a grid component, data visualization (charts) and form elements.
David
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Veteran
answered on 20 Sep 2017, 01:57 PM

Hi Marin,

My bad. Your answer pointed me to one of css files in which i assigned width to tooltip. That forced me to over-complicate things

Thank you very much

David

Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
answered on 21 Sep 2017, 09:58 AM

No problem David, I am glad you have resolved the situation. I also created a small KB that explains this: http://www.telerik.com/support/kb/aspnet-ajax/chart-(html5)/details/how-to-set-dimensions-(width-and-height)-to-radhtmlchart-tooltips.

--Marin

Tags
Chart (HTML5)
Asked by
David
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Veteran
Answers by
Marin Bratanov