Since you haven't specified Visual Studio version, the following instructions are targeting VS2010
, but they are also applicable for VS2012
if you replace the 10.0 version in all paths with 11.0
Could you please follow these steps:
- Check if the Read-only attribute is checked for the "%localappdata%\Microsoft\VisualStudio\10.0" folder and the files inside it. If the Read-only attribute is set, remove it.
- Start Visual Studio as Administrator.
- Right click on the Toolbox and select "Reset Toolbox".
In case this does not help, I recommend you completely reset the Visual Studio Toolbox. Following the steps below will help you to do it:
- Close all Visual Studio instances.
- Open the "%localappdata%\Microsoft\VisualStudio\10.0" folder and remove all *.tbd files.
- Using the "regedit.exe" tool, find "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\VisualStudio\10.0\ToolboxControlsInstaller_AssemblyFoldersExCache" and "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\VisualStudio\10.0\ToolboxControlsInstallerCache" registry keys.
- Remove everything from these keys leaving them empty.
- Run Visual Studio again and wait until it recreates all items in the Toolbox.
You can find more information about how to add controls to Toolbox manually at http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/introduction-adding-to-vs-toolbox-net.html
Please give a try to perform the provided suggestions and let us know in case the issue still persists.
Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.