This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Today button

4 Answers 92 Views
ScheduleView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Claire
Top achievements
Rank 1
Claire asked on 05 Nov 2015, 05:39 PM
Is it possible to insert a "today" button in the schedule header, or to configure the date picker to show this option?

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Nasko
Telerik team
answered on 09 Nov 2015, 03:36 PM
Hi Claire,

In order to achieve the desired you need to modify the default Template of RadScheduleView. You could add the desired "Today" button inside the  Grid named x:Name="ScheduleViewHeader" and bind it to a Command inside the ViewModel that sets the CurrentDate property of RadScheduleView to the desired date.

We have created a sample project that demonstrates that and you could run and evaluate it - please, notice that Implicit Styles were used.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Nasko
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Claire
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 09 Nov 2015, 05:44 PM

That does it, but that seems a lot of xaml to include for a simple button. I still have to get your sample to work with the Office 2013 theme, which, I guess, means I will have to read more about theming.

Have you considered adding this feature as a built-in option (a "ShowTodayButton" property)?

Nasko
Telerik team
answered on 11 Nov 2015, 09:58 AM
Hello Claire,

Currently, this is the only approach that we could suggest you in order to achieve the desired appearance. In order to make it work for Office2013 you could use the exact same approach, however you need to get the Template of RadScheduleView for the Office2013 theme instead for the OfficeBlack.

If you have any additional questions or concerns regarding Telerik controls, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards,
Nasko
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Claire
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 11 Nov 2015, 02:05 PM
That's exactly what I did. Thanks.
Tags
ScheduleView
Asked by
Claire
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by